Chapter 16

Sorry guys! I know I promised you this a while ago but I have classes and projects that have been taking up more of my time than I would like it to. I promise you that I will try my best to get this story back on schedule. Also I would like to tell you that I have a new Adrienette fanfic out. It's called Lonely Eyes and it's a soulmates au, but with a twist 😉. Feel free to check it out!Hope you enjoy this!
Plagg POV:

This kid is going to be the death of me. It's a good thing I'm immortal because if not this kid would've killed me. That Marinette girl is nice though, I can tell why Master Fu chose her to be Ladybug. Not only does she have the heart of a hero, she literally has the power of creation coursing through her veins. Don't get me wrong, that's not the only power she possesses. But she has more creative power than anything. You can feel the raw creative power radiating off of her. Adrien on the other hand, is an interesting character. He doesn't necessarily have a specific power that is more evident than any other in his blood, it's, different than the other holders I've had. Most Chat Noirs are bursting with destructive power. But Adrien is bursting with all sorts of power. You see, most miraculous holders are bound to a specific miraculous and can't weild a different miraculous without harming themselves and the kwami or combining the Ladybug and Black Cat miraculous. Which is a reason why Hawkmoth doesn't use the peacock miraculous. This is the first time in the history of the miraculous that Ladybug and Chat Noir can use other miraculous. Anyway, Marinette is currently bandaging Adrien's chest and head. It took a while to get Adrien to let Marinette clean the wounds on his back, but they're cleaned. I'm laying on Adrien's bed eating some cheese bread that Marinette made for me. She went the extra mile and made sure the cheese she used was camembert. I decided to visit Tikki in her normal hiding spot, a special drawer Marinette made. It can't be opened by a human because there's no handle. Instead there's a hole in the back that is big enough for kwamis to get in and out of the drawer easily. It's far enough away from the wall so we won't be trying to squeeze out, but close enough to it that no one can see the hole. It's got a handmade bed, a little light you would normally find in a dollhouse, and a stash of kwami sized cookies. Tikki was sitting quietly behind a little peephole Marinette had put in so Tikki would still be able to keep an eye on her holder. I snuck up on her and tapped her shoulder, making her jump.

"GAH! Plagg! Why did you scare me like that?!" She whisper-yelled. Knowing that Adrien and Marinette had probably heard her shout in surprise, she quickly looked out of the peephole to make sure they weren't coming over here. Luckily they didn't.

"Sorry Tikks. I didn't mean to." I apologized, even though I fully intended to scare her.

"Your holder must have a death wish. He got himself hurt really good this time." Tikki said, causing me to chuckle.

"No, he only has a death wish for me. If it weren't for me he would be in the hospital already. I don't know why he's so reckless." I replied.

"You would be too if you were restricted to being someone everyone else wants you to be. Chat Noir is his only outlet to express himself and discover who he is." Tikki explained. I was about to respond when Adrien called me.

"Plagg, where are you? Marinette wants to make sure you're okay." He said. I flew out from behind the drawer.

"I'm here!" I responded, flying towards Marinette, "What did you need?"

"I just want to make sure you don't have any injuries." Marinette answered sweetly. She started inspecting me for cuts or bruises.

"Don't worry Marinette, once I eat, everything will heal itself." I explained, even though I knew she already knew that.

"Oh, okay then! Plagg, I'm going to go get Adrien something to eat. Can you make sure he doesn't get out of bed?" She asked. I nodded and sat next to Adrien who was laying in bed.

"Don't worry Marinette, I won't let Adrien get out of bed. Cat's honor." I responded. Marinette giggled and left the dorm. I then looked over at Adrien who was grumbling about being able to do things himself. "Relax kid, Marinette is just worried because you decided to let an akuma use you as a punching bag. Not to mention throw you across Paris like a football." I said, trying to cheer him up.

"I know, but still, I can take care of myself. I feel fine, I should be up helping Marinette get food." He replied.

"Adrien, haven't you helped everyone enough for one night?" I asked, I'm not trying to be mean. I just think this kid needs to relax for once in his life.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Adrien, you're literally risking your life every day for the city of Paris, take a break." I responded. Before he could respond, Marinette came back with food from the cafeteria.

"I'm back! He hasn't moved, has he?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Nope! He doesn't really like having to lay in bed though." I responded. Marinette set the food down and sat down next to me on Adrien's bed.

"I'm sorry Kitty, I know you want to help but you're injured. Also, this isn't the first time you've been thrown across Paris and I'm worried! You could get really hurt!" She said.

"Trust me Princess, there's nothing to worry about. You can't get rid of me that easily!" Adrien said, jokingly.

"Still, I don't like seeing you hurt. Now let's eat!" Marinette said enthusiastically. She went to the tray of food and brought back enough food for three of the hungriest sumo wrestlers on the planet. Adrien's eyes widened in surprise.

"M-marinette, I-I can't eat all of this." he said, still surprised from the amount of food in front of him. Marinette giggled.

"Silly Kitty, not all of this is for you. I know Plagg likes cheese so I made him some cheese souffles, cheese bread, and all sorts of other cheese foods. I didn't know what to make." She said bashfully. I immediately started eating. I will say, Marinette makes THE best cheese bread ever! After a while, Adrien fell asleep. I was eating a cheese sandwich when I noticed Marinette was looking troubled.

"You okay Marinette? It looks like something's bothering you." I asked. Marinette looked at me and smiled.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" She replied. I sighed and sat on her shoulder.

"You know, the more you lie about how you feel, the more vulnerable you are to an akuma. What's wrong?" I asked again.

"I'm just..... worried. This isn't the first time he's thrown himself in front of an akuma like this. What if I can't help him next time?" She answered.

"He'll be fine, after all, you weren't always there to fix him up. I know you worry about him, I do too, but it's not like he's going to stop protecting you." I assured. Marinette sighed.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." She agreed

"So when are you going to tell him?" I asked.

To be continued!