Chapter 22

Hey guys, so unfortunately I'm going to be wrapping up this fanfic. I'm just not satisfied with how all over the place it seems to be and I just don't have the passion or inspiration I used to for this fanfiction. Don't get me wrong, I still love the Miraculous Ladybug fandom, I just don't have anymore ideas for this fanfiction and I want to start writing a My Hero Academia fanfic but I barely have time to manage this one story, let alone two. I promise you that I will put everything I have into this ending so it won't be anticlimactic. If you guys have ideas for the the final chapter, message me or post it on my message board. Here's your chapter.

Marinette POV:

I woke up early the next morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I turned off my alarm and started getting ready for classes. As I was brushing my hair, I started thinking about what Plagg had said the night before:

"It's already becoming a distraction for both of you...."

No it hasn't, we're both still able to focus on akumas and classes, right? Has it really become a distraction?

"Do you really want to go back to living with your crush, not knowing if he likes you or not?"

I mean, no, but it's not like I can tell him how I feel without becoming a stutter mess.

"You really should tell him...."

Is it really that important? Why does it matter so much to him?

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Plagg flying towards me

"Hey kid, what are you doing up so early?" He asked

"I couldn't get back to sleep." I answered, shrugging and continuing to brush my hair. Plagg and I sat in silence for a while before I spoke up.  "Hey Plagg, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure kid, what is it?" He answered

"Why is it so important to you for me to tell Adrien how I feel?" I asked, Plagg froze and sighed.

"Because you and Adrien are soulmates. Your skills are balanced out by his shortcomings and vise versa. The ladybug and black cat miraculous bring soulmates together as well as provide protection. While some of mine and Tikki's previous holders do end up dating and eventually marrying each other, there are a lot of them who didn't, they went separate ways and returned the miraculous, some never revealed their identities to each other, while others ended up hating each other's secret identities. In every situation, Tikki and I were separated or returned to the miracle box, so when our holders fall in love with each other we do everything in our power, outside of revealing identities, to bring them together" Plagg explained with a sorrowful tone. I felt guilty for bringing up what seemed to be a sad topic for him.

"Oh" Was all I could respond with.

"Plus Adrien seems to really care about you, and I want him to be happy. He's a hard-working kid and his father just now started talking to him outside of telling him when he has photoshoots he deserves at least something good in his life that'll last." Plagg added. I looked over at the floating cat kwami and smiled.

"You care about him a lot, don't you?" 

"Of course I do, he's my holder, I care about all of my holders. Why do you ask?" He responded, looking slightly confused.

"No reason. Tikki had told me about some of your guys' previous holders and it surprised me how awful some of them were. It also surprised me how you're still so caring after all that." I said, braiding my hair. I let my hair grow out over time and now it fell past my shoulders and almost reached the lower half of my back.

"I'm not the type of kwami to hold grudges." Plagg replied. He sat on the bathroom counter and looked up at me. "Not going with your signature pigtails today?" He asked. I shook my head and smiled.

"No, my hair's far too long to keep in pigtails. Besides, I figured a change was in order." I replied. I finished braiding my hair and went to wake up Adrien, shaking him gently. "Adrien....Adrien, wake up" I said softly, earning a muffled groan in response.

"Just five more minutes Mariii" he groaned tiredly. I giggled and continued shaking him.

"Come on kitty cat, wake up."

"Noooooooo"

"Don't make me get the cold water" I warned, causing him to quickly sit up.

"I'm up!" he shouted, panicked. I chuckled and walked into the kitchen.

"Good. I'm making breakfast, do you or Plagg want anything?" I asked. Both of them excitedly replied.

"Bacon!"

"Cheese bread!"

"Alright, bacon and cheese bread coming right up!"