Chapter 19

Hey guys! I know you all have been waiting for this so I hope you enjoy! Also, I want to apologize for the delay, finals are coming up here at the high school so I've been studying like crazy. Since my sophomore year is almost over, I'll be writing more chapters for you guys! My finals start next Tuesday so I have some time to write. Hope y'all enjoy!

Marinette POV:

"G-gabriel Agreste wants to see MY designs?" I stammered, not believing my ears. Adrien nods, picking up the fabric roll I just dropped.

"Yeah! He's invited you to my next photo shoot too! He wanted me to ask you if you were able to come with me today to show him your designs. Is that okay Marinette?" Adrien asked. My heart started racing and instead of calmly agreeing, I panicked.

"TODAY?! Oh my god! Alya, help me gather my designs, quick!" I screeched, looking through my sketches to decide which ones I should bring. "No, not this one. No, no, no, definitely not! Too frilly. Not frilly enough. Nope, no way I'm showing him that one!" I started flipping through the pages of my sketchbook, not finding a design I felt was good enough for THE Gabriel Agreste. Adrien noticed my panicked state and tried calming me down.

"Marinette."  No acknowledgement.

"Mari." Nothing.

"Marinette!" Still nothing.

"MARINETTE!" He shouted, taking the sketchbook from my hands.

"WHAT?!" I responded. He put his hands on my shoulders.

"Breath. It's going to be alright. Your designs are amazing and besides, you've already impressed my father before. Not to mention Chloe's mom.  Just relax, remember I'll be there the entire time." He said calmly.

"Promise?" I asked, looking at him with worried eyes. He smiled and gave me a hug.

"Promise. Now, let's pick up these designs!" Adrien replied, ruffling my hair. 

Gabriel POV:

"Hello father! How are you doing?"

"I'm doing just fine son. How is college treating you?"

"It's great! I've learned so many interesting things!"

"That's good, and how are you and your roomate getting along?"

"M-marinette? S-she and I get along great!"

"Marinette, isn't that the girl who won the design contest in high school? How is she?"

"Y-yeah she is. She's doing great! She's a really hard worker and she's very talented. She's top in her design class!" 

"She is?"

"Yeah! She's even impressed the designers that come in to introduce competitions! I'm not surprised though, her designs are amazing! She's so creative! She's even made designs inspired by the akumatized victims!"

"If she's as talented as you say, I'd like her to come to your next photo shoot with some designs. I'd also like her to come with you tomorrow with the designs she already has. If that is okay with her of course."

"Are you kidding? She idolizes you! She'll be ecstatic when I tell her! I have to go right now but I'll see you tomorrow father. Bye!"

So my son has a crush on Marinette, huh? I guess we'll just have to get them together.

¨Master, are you sure about this? You don't know for sure if he likes her." Nooroo said.

"I'm sure. He likes her, whether he cares to admit it or not. I promised his mother I would make sure he's happy and I intend to do so." I answered. "I will get Adrien to confess his feelings, if it's the last thing I do."

Adrien POV:

After I helped Marinette pick up her designs, we headed out of the dorms and waited for my bodyguard to show up with Nathalie. I noticed Marinette was still nervous so I decided to comfort her as best I could.

"Marinette, are you alright?" I asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine! Why wouldn't I be?" she said with a fake smile.

"Marinette, you don't have to lie to me. I understand how nervous you must be. Everyone gets nervous at times. Even me, but don't tell anyone I said so." I said, trying to cheer her up, or at least get her to laugh. 

"Are you  telling me that the great Chat Noir gets nervous?" she asked, giggling. Plagg decided to chime in at this point.

"Are you kidding? Do you know how many endless nervous rants I've had to listen to at four in the morning? All for the cause of Ladybug noticing him? Or trying to figure out who Ladybug was in love with?"

"PLAGG! Now's not the time!" I said, embarrassed. Marinette snickered.

"Well now Plagg DEFINITELY has to tell me!" she said, teasing me.

"Please don't princess, I'd prefer to keep my dignity as Chat Noir." I pleaded.

"You're digging yourself a deeper hole kid. I'd stop while I'm ahead if I were you." Plagg advised. 

"Yeah, well you started it!" I yelled.

"Now, now Adrien, behave yourself. Plagg, do tell me more." Marinette said. Before Plagg could say anything, my bodyguard showed up with Nathalie. Marinette chuckled before getting in the car. "Saved by the bodyguard." 

"Yeah, pretty lucky, huh?" I joked.

"I'd say so." Marinette replied. The car ride was silent and comfortable. When the car pulled up to the mansion, Marinette and I got out and stopped at the gate.

"Well, we're here!" I said. Marinette laughed nervously.

"Hehe, y-yeah, w-we are." She said shakily.

"Hey, don't worry! You got this!" I said, reassuring her. She gave me a determined nod.

"You're right. I got this!" She said before pushing the button. The gates opened and we both headed inside. We were greeted by my father's stone-cold expression. Marinette shuffled closer to me, hiding from my father's emotionless gaze. I cleared my throat, gaining my father's attention.

"Father, this is Marinette Dupain-Cheng, my roommate." I said, gesturing towards Marinette. Marinette stepped out from behind me to speak.

"H-hello Monsieur Agreste. You wanted to see me?" She asked. My father nodded.

"Yes, it has been said by my son that you are extremely talented when it comes to designing and from seeing your derby hat you made in high school, I would agree. Although, I'm curious as to what else you have designed." He gestured towards the sketchbook in Marinette's hands. "May I?"

"O-of course sir."

Aaaaaand that's chapter 19 for you guys! I've also been thinking about writing a My Hero Academia fanfic but I'm not so sure. What do you guys think? Should I finish this story first?Can't wait to hear what you think! See y'all after finals are over!

Stay Miraculous!

Dakotah Waters