Chapter 20

I'm back guys! And here to tell you that I'm doing a Q&A! Any questions you want me to answer I will! Just write them in the comments section of this chapter! Anywho, on with the story! 

Marinette POV:

"O-of course, sir" I answered, handing him my sketchbook. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. I was absolutely TERRIFIED. My breathing was shaky, my throat was dry, my legs were all wobbly, not to mention my palms were sweaty.

"No need to be nervous Miss Dupain-Cheng, from the way my son talks about your work and from the derby hat you made in high school, I have no doubt you are talented." Mr. Agreste spoke with an emotionless tone.

"P-please, call me Marinette. I-i apologise for b-being so n-nervous, i-it's just that, well, YOU'RE Gabriel Agreste. I've idolized you and your work for as long as I can remember! I never imagined that I would be able to impress YOU." I continued to ramble on until I heard Adrien chuckling.

"See? I told you she idolized you father." He said, looking at his father, amused by my nervous rambling. I turned bright red.

"S-sorry, I tend to ramble when I'm nervous." I apologized, chuckling nervously. Gabriel only nodded and started looking through my designs. After he finished looking through them, he handed me back my sketchbook.

"Well, you certainly have talent and creativity. Do you have any designs that you've already made?" He asked. I quickly nodded and looked at Adrien.

"Adrien, do you have the clothing I told you to hold?" I asked. Adrien nodded and handed me two black dress bags. I unzipped one and took out the dress.

 I unzipped one and took out the dress

"Here it is sir. This is a dress I made a few weeks ago. It was inspired by Princess Fragrance." I said. I continued to explain the stitching and design while Gabriel listened, carefully critiquing the stitching of the dress.

"I must say Miss Dupain-Cheng, this dress is exquisite. May I ask why you are inspired by these supervillains?" He inquired.

"Of course!" I answered eagerly. "You see I've realized over the years that after someone is targeted by Hawkmoth, they start being ridiculed for letting those strong negative emotions get out of control. I figured this might help lift their spirits a bit. Everyone is expected to stay happy, even when bad things happen, and that's not right. No one can be happy all the time, it's not possible. We can't control our emotions, no matter how hard we try." I explained.

"You are very wise Miss Dupain-Cheng. I would like to offer you a job as my apprentice. I will teach you everything you have yet to learn." Gabriel said emotionlessly. My jaw dropped.

"A-are you serious?" I asked. Gabriel nodded. 

"Yes, you obviously have talent and I would hate to see such talent go unnoticed. So Miss Dupain-Cheng, will you become my apprentice?" he asked. I quickly nodded.

"O-of course! How could I say no?" I answered eagerly. 

"Good, I would like to see some more of these designs brought to life by next week. I would also like you to attend Adrien's photoshoots as much as possible, it would be to your benefit to see how everything works. Does that sound within your abilities?" He asked

"Of course sir! I won't let you down!" I responded with a determined smile. He nodded.

"I look forward to being your mentor, Miss Dupain-Cheng." he responded.