Chapter 18

Okay, so before this chapter begins, I would like to thank mariexhood for helping me out with some ideas. Go check her out, she's a great author and I get a LOT of my inspiration for the personalities of certain character. I also want to thank you all for being patient and sticking with me throughout this story. Although I get some inspiration from Marie, you guys, my readers are my main inspiration. I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and reactions to each chapter, so don't be afraid to comment! Enjoy the chapter!
Hawkmoth's POV (surprise!):

Failed again....

It seems failure is unavoidable at this point, for most people anyway. I've had DOZENS of what were supposed to be masterpieces that failed. Oblivio, Style Queen, Queen Wasp, Catalyst, even Malediktator failed! But I have a new plan, this one is guaranteed to work! I just need that Chloe girl back, or..........

Lila works.

All I need now is to akumatize that good for nothing bug and everything will be PERFECT!! Now what am I forgetting to do? Eh, probably nothing important. Back to planning.....

Nino POV:

Why is everyone so secretive? I mean seriously! Alya and Marinette are always whispering about something, well, more than usual that is. I've had enough so I decided to follow them and figure out what's going on.

"So Marinette, what is it you needed to talk to me about?" Alya asked. Marinette looked around cautiously.

"It's Master Fu." Marinette answered.

"Who's Master Fu?" I thought to myself. Apparently Alya was thinking the same thing.

"Who?" She asked, visibly confused.

"Master Fu. He's the last known guardian of the Miraculous. He's......." Marinette paused, giving me a moment to process this.

"Marinette has a miraculous?! But which one?! Alya has the fox miraculous so she can't be Rena Rouge. Chloe is Queen Bee but she gave her miraculous back to Ladybug, saying she needed to find another Queen Bee. But Ladybug refused and told her that the bee miraculous would be waiting for Chloe's return. So that means........MARINETTE IS LADYBUG!!!" My thoughts were racing and everything finally made sense. But I still need to know what's going on with this Master Fu.

"He's what Marinette? What's going on?" Alya asked, concern evident in her voice.

"He's dying. He used to hold the turtle miraculous until he allowed you and Carapace permanent possession of your miraculous. He's currently training another guardian, one that won't need a miraculous to protect themselves and the miraculous. But that's not the only problem." Marinette explained.

"What else is there?" Alya asked.

"Tikki feels Hawkmoth is getting stronger and has a plan. We need to find AND train new miraculous holders, and fast." Marinette answered.

"But we already have four miraculous holders. Me, Carapace, Chat Noir, and you. Do we really need more?" Alya responded.

"You may be here now, but you'll have to leave soon. You can't stay here Alya. You and Nino belong in America, studying for your careers. I don't want you to leave, trust me, but it's not my choice. Which is why I need your help one last time." Marinette explained.

"What do you need?" Alya responded.

"I need you and Carapace to help me and Chat Noir train these new miraculous holders. Do you think you and Nino are up for the challenge?" Marinette asked.

"You know we never back down from a challenge. I'll tell Nino." Alya answered, smiling. I watched them walk away, processing everything. I then remembered Adrien and I were going to hang out today so I made my way to his dorm. When I got to the door of his dorm, I heard him talking to someone so, me being me, I listened to what he was saying.

"It's not that easy Plagg. You don't understand." Adrien said. Plagg? Who's that?

"I don't see what's so difficult. You love Marinette, right?" Someone I assumed to be Plagg asked. Wait, Adrien's in love with Mari? It's about time.

"Yes, I believe we've been over that." Adrien responded.

"So ask her out! It's as simple as that!" Plagg said.

"It's not as easy as it sounds Plagg! There's something different about Marinette. When I was in love with Ladybug, it was easy flirting with her as Chat Noir because she didn't know who was behind the mask. Marinette knows I'm Chat Noir, what if she rejects me because of something stupid I did as Chat Noir? What if she doesn't like me at all? What if- OW! Plagg! Why'd you throw that at me!?" Adrien was cut off by something apparently being thrown at him. Wait! Adrien is Chat Noir?! What?!? And Marinette knows?! It doesn't sound like Adrien knows Marinette is Ladybug. Did she not tell him?

"Because you're dense kid! Do remember how much she used to stutter around you? Don't tell me that she was uncomfortable around you, because she wasn't. She's obviously in love with you Adrien! You're just too dense to realize it!" Plagg shouted. I chuckled, knowing he was right. I decided to walk in, hoping to figure out who Plagg is, but when I walked in, Adrien was the only one there.

"Who's Plagg?" I asked innocently.

"W-what do you mean?" Adrien said, nervously. I sighed.

"You can cut the act dude, I heard you talking to someone when I was outside the door, so I decided to listen. Who's Plagg?" I asked again.

"Wait, how much did you hear?" Adrien asked.

"Enough to know you're in love with Marinette and you're Chat Noir and that Marinette knows you're Chat Noir. Now, who's Plagg?" I repeated. Adrien sighed.

"Plagg, you can come out now." Adrien said, defeated. I was met with a floating black cat staring at me.

"I'm Plagg, the kwami of destruction. It's nice to meet you Carapace." Plagg greeted casually. Adrien stared at me in disbelief.

"YOU'RE CARAPACE?!?!" Adrien squawked. I nodded.

"The one and only! Plagg wasn't supposed to tell you." I said.

"Wait, how did Plagg know?" Adrien asked.

"Kid, us kwamis know most of the Miraculous holders. The only one I don't know from the beginning is Ladybug's identity. Because Tikki and I are of equal power and we're connected, it can be dangerous for even Tikki and I to know the identities of each other's holders." Plagg explained.

"Why is it dangerous for Tikki to know my identity and for you to know Ladybug's?" Adrien asked.

"Believe it or not, even kwamis are able to be akumatized. If I get akumatized, I can let Hawkmoth know not only YOUR identity but Ladybug's as well, giving Hawkmoth the ability to use Ladybug's family and friends as a bargaining chip for her miraculous. Giving Hawkmoth absolute power, especially if he gets your miraculous." Plagg explained. Adrien and I talked while Plagg rested on Adrien's pillow when the girls walked in.

"Hey Adrien! Hey Nino!" Marinette greeted, setting down bags and bags of fabric and thread.

"Hey Marinette! Whatcha got there?" Adrien asked curiously.

"Just some fabrics for those dresses I showed you in my sketchbook a few days ago. Why?" Marinette asked.

"Just wondering. Hey, I talked to my father yesterday and he said that he would love to see your designs. He wanted to know when you were available." Adrien said. Marinette dropped the roll of fabric she was holding.

"G-gabriel Agreste wants to see MY designs?" Marinette asked in shock