Not Alone

Chapter 4

We then all stood there waiting for her to pop back up. It seemed like hours of suspense. We were all worried about what that thing was doing to her. Would she survive this? Seems a bit of a quick way to die since we landed on earth.

Luckily, she finally popped up, despite her endless screaming. We all acted quick, and shoved a rock off the cliff to distract it so it would let go of her. And as soon as the rock fell, he let go of her. Stupid creature.

The creature headed straight for the rock whilst we all started sprinting to save Octavia... well, they did. Being eight months pregnant meant that I couldn't physically sprint. Instead, I did my version of a quick walk.

"Octavia, get to the shore now!" Jasper yelled to her.

Jasper jumped in and begun to help her up and out of the water. We all did our part to help pull them both out of the water before Clarke began to aid to Octavia's wound on her leg, which the creature had kindly left her as a souvenir.

"Thank you," Octavia said to Jasper before giving him a hug.

"Note to self, next time, save the girl," Monty said.

~

Flashback:

"No mom! No, please! No! I'm your daughter! Did you hear me? I'm your daughter!" I cried.

All of a sudden, I awoke, startled and sweating. The same nightmare every night. My heart was beating so fast and my hands were shaking all over. I looked around to see if I had woken anyone, but luckily, they were all asleep. I felt my feet beginning to stand whilst I used a tree to lift the rest of my body up. Water. I need water.

I thought for a moment before finally deciding to head to the river. All I needed to do was make sure that I didn't get eaten by the creature that attacked Octavia.

On the way down, my head still spun with images of the nightmare. The moment when they grabbed me, the moment when I said goodbye to my mother, and the moment grey became my life. Quinn, it's all in the past. You're okay now.

I tried to tell myself this things but I don't think anything changed the way I felt. It was almost like that moment of my life was on replay and I couldn't change it. Just keep going. You're almost there.

~

Water. Water consumed my face as I splashed it upon myself to try and feel refreshed after the nightmare I just had. I cupped my hands together before taking a sip of water from the river. The feeling of the cold water roll down my throat was incredible. I slowly moved myself closer to the water before I suddenly felt a pair of hands grab my shoulders. The hands pulled me back onto the stranger. I looked up and saw it was Finn.

"What the hell, asshat?"

"If you had went any closer, your fingers could have been bitten off," Finn said.

"Thanks, but I don't need your protection," I said before getting up.

"Look, I was just trying to make sure you weren't dinner. I'm sorry that I was trying to be a kind friend," Finn said arising to his feet.

"We are in no way friends".

"Clearly".

"We're not. I don't have any friends".

"What about you and Clarke? You two sure seem like friends".

"Clarke is different".

"Why? Because she's blonde?"