Please Live

Chapter 26

Kai's POV

Everything is fucked. Everything is fucked!

Majority of camp, are showing signing of the sickness. Even worse, Quinn is one of them. The one person I care most about in this entire world, is at risk. High risk of ending up like the other unfortunate campers, who have already died. And they weren't pregnant. Quinn is! She and the baby could die. And in now world, can I let that happen.

"Bellamy!" I call out, making my way through the crowd.

"What do you want, Kai?"

He's pissed at me? He's pissed at me? Well, damn. He's a little bitch.

Ignoring his attitude, I continue with my mission. "Bellamy, I need to see Quinn. I have a bad feeling-"

"Yeah, well, you can't. You're not sick, and only the sick, go in the drop ship."

He's so grumpy.

How did Quinn ever fuck him?

"But Bellamy, you don't understand-"

"No, I understand plenty. I understand you're worried. I am, too. In fact, I'm probably more worried than you are. She's carrying my child for god's sake. I'm petrified I'm going to lose them. Absolutely petrified," he explains. "But if I'm not going in there, then neither are you."

'She's carrying my child', blah blah blah.

That's all he ever goes on about. Yeah, congrats, you are going to be a daddy. Well done to you! You only did what so many other males on the planet have done, but good on ya.

Ugh!

He's such a bore. I swear, I'm probably never going to enjoy seeing him around Quinn and the baby years to come.

"Am I making myself clear?"

Is he still going on?

"Yes, all right?" Annoying boy. "No, I won't go in there..."

"At least not when you're looking," I mutter to myself.

"What?"

"Nothing," I quickly say. "Nothing at all."

I watch him look the other way, and then I make my move.

I charge up to the drop ship, and rush in before anyone, especially Bellamy Blake, can stop me... only, I wish he did.

From the minute I walk in, horror meets my eyes. Blood and a body are all I see. But not just any body. It's Quinn.

The beautiful, smart, incredibly strong woman, that I have been blessed to meet since the minute I set foot on this earth, is lying on the floor with blood everywhere.

No. No, this can't be happening.

No!

I rush over as fast as I could, kneeling down beside her, and getting looks from Clarke and Murphy.

"Kai, what are you doing here?" Clarke practically yells in my face. "You need to get out!"

"Yeah, well, the damage is already done, Clarke. Isn't it?"

I lift Quinn's head up and rest it on my lap. "We have to help her!"

Her beautiful face, all covered in blood. The lack of colour in her skin tone. The weak pulse she currently carries. Everything that I am witnessing, isn't the right Quinn. The healthy, strong, badass Quinn. This isn't my Quinn laying before me. And I feel my heart breaking because of that.