If I Kept The Child...

Chapter 18

I waited for him to wake up. I, Quinzel Rae Brady, sat by Finn Collins and held his hand, till he decided to open his eyes and re-enter the world of the living. Now that, right there, is humanity. Something that even Bellamy Blake can't achieve.

Yes, Finn called me a whale. And yes, his love triangle with Clarke and Raven makes all our heads spin. But, Finn is what you'd call a decent human being. Again, something Bellamy will never be.

"Hey," Kai smiled, taking his place beside me.

"Hey," I respond back. "Did you get enough time to talk with your dad?"

A pause lingered before his answer arrived.

"Yeah, yeah. All good back with him and mom... he's very eager to meet you."

To say shock rattled my brain would've been an understatement. I mean, he mentioned me? Me? The preggo eggo? The largest whale in the universe? The- you get the idea.

"You- you mentioned me?"

"I-"

But before he could have answered, a low voice joined us.

"You know, if you wanted some privacy..."

My ears had never been so happy to hear the sweet sound of Finn Collins's voice. Literally never.

I turned and captured his gaze before lunging my arms around him, which I instantly regret when he starts going 'ow'.

"Sorry, sorry," I apologise, backing away from the injured Finn. "I'm just glad to see you're alive."

"I hear thanks are in order since you're the reason I'm here."

"How did you-"

"Clarke told me. I've been in and out of consciousness."

"I'm so happy to see you, Finn. I was worried we lost you."

A small tear escaped my eyes, which was caught by Finn before it could roll all the way down my cheek.

"Oh come on, Quinn. You aren't going soft on me already, are you?"

I feel a smile begin to dress my face. "No, of course not. Hormones, remember? I am pregnant in case you forgot."

Said nobody ever.

"How could I forget? I'm so eager to meet the little one."

This is probably the first time I've heard somebody say that to me. And suddenly, reality sets in. I'm due soon. I can't have much longer to go before a newborn will rip me in half and join us criminals. My body is going to be destroyed. Literally destroyed. I guess I know one thing for certain: nobody will touch me again after this. Not that I would blame them. They say your cooch is never the same again.

Well at least I got to say goodbye to it five months ago.

"Yeah, and you'll be the one changing his nappies," I laugh. "Uncle Finn duties."

His face goes from excited to petrified within a matter of seconds.

"H-how much do they p-poop?" He stutters. "Because I've heard that there can be a lot."

I exchange a look with Kai and smile evilly.

"Oh, I don't know..." I place a finger on my chin and begin to recall the babysitting I did with my cousin at the age of fifteen. "Sometimes not a lot, and other times it can be all the way up their back."

"Are you lying? Nobody shits that much."

I shrug. "Babies do."

"Can I not get some help? I'm not going to be his only uncle..." Finn's eyes drift to Kai. "You will help me, won't you, Kai?"