Raven... and Kai

Chapter 11

Bellamy begun pounding Murphy's face just as Finn lifted me up by his side. My legs were shaky, just like my hands, but in this moment, my concentration wasn't on how shaky I was. Instead, it was on the fight.

"Bellany, stop! You'll kill him!" Clarke yelled, just as Finn reached him.

He quickly pulled Bellamy off of Murphy.

"Get off me!" Bellamy yelled. "He deserves to die!"

"No! We don't decode who lives and who dies, not down here!" Clarke yelled.

"So help me god, if you say the people have a right to decide, I will-"

"No! I was wrong before, okay? You were right! Sometimes it's dangerous to tell people the truth. But if we're gonna survive down here, we can't just live by whatever the hell we want!" Clarke explained. "We need rules".

"And who makes those rules, huh? You?"

"For now, we make the rules, okay?"

"So what, then? We just take him back and pretend like it never happened?"

"No!" Clarke said, looking back at Murphy before turning back to Bellamy. "We banish him".

Silence lingered for a while as looks were exchanged between Bellamy, Finn and Clarke before Bellamy grabbed Murphy by his jacket.

"Get up," he hissed.

Murphy was held over the edge of the cliff whilst Bellamy begun threatening him.

"If I ever catch you near camp, we'll be back here. Understand?"

Murphy nodded slowly before he was thrown to the ground.

"As for the four of you," Bellamy begun, looking at Murphy's allies, "you can come back and follow me, or go off with him to die. Your choice".

He then walked off with the other four following, leaving Clarke, Finn, and I with Murphy.

"Let's get you cleaned up," Clarke said to me.

I nodded before looking back at Murphy.

"Brady, please don't leave me".

I looked back at Clarke before I took her hand, walking off, and leaving Murphy all alone.

~

"This may sting a little," Clarke warned as she begun to clean my knuckles.

She had already patched up my stomach, and my neck. Now, it was time for my knuckles.

"Does that hurt?"

I shook my head. "No".

It was true. The pain of my injuries didn't hurt. My heart, on the other hand, did.

"Quinn, there's someone here to see you," Finn said from the doorway.

"If it's Bellamy, tell him to go away. I don't wanna see him".

"Please, Quinn," I heard Bellamy say. "I just need to know the baby's okay".

"The baby's fine," Clarke said for me.

The sound of footsteps disappeared, which made me know that Bellamy was gone.

"You gonna have to talk to him eventually," Finn said.

"I know. Just not right now. I can't handle him at the moment".

~

The light hit my eyes first. They were blinded by the sunrise, which lurked between the small gap of my tent. I lifted my body up slowly before resting my hand over my stomach, and feeling the baby kick. I smiled as I knew he was telling me that he was okay and well. Relief struck my body, causing the worry to disappear. He was okay. My child was alive.