Communicating With The Ark

Chapter 16

"Mom?" Clarke questioned after hearing the familiar voice she used to love. "Mom, it's me".

"Clarke?" her shaky voice replied.

"Mom, I need your help. One of our people was stabbed by a grounder".

"Clarke, this is the Chancellor. Are you saying there are survivors on the ground?" the new voice questioned.

"Yes. The earth is survivable. We're not alone," she paused before turning her attention back to Finn. "Mom, he's dying. The knife's still in his chest".

"Okay, can you patch me through to medical?" we heard Clarke's mom say.

"Clarke, is my son with you?" Jaha questioned.

"I'm so sorry. Wells is- Wells is dead".

There was silence for a long moment before we heard Jaha leave.

"Let me talk you through it, step by step," her mother said. "Clarke".

All of a sudden, we could no longer make any sense of her words.

"Raven, what's wrong?" Clarke asked.

"It's not the radio. It's the storm," Raven stated.

"Clarke, we need to hurry".

Octavia then walked in. Her hair was soaked, just like mine and Kai's, but she didn't care. She walked in with a small smile on her face whilst carrying two large cannisters.

Clarke opened one up and took one whiff before disgust appearered on her face.

"Monty's moonshine?" Clarke questioned.

"Pretty sure no germ could survive it".

Large roars of thunder were heard.

"Storm's getting worse," Clarke said. "Monroe, close the doors".

"We still have people out there," Monroe stated.

"Monty and Jasper still aren't back yet. Neither is Bellamy," Octavia added.

"It's all right. They'll find somewhere to ride it out".

Raven then rushed over.

"One stitcher needle," she said, handing it over to Clarke.

"Great. I still need something to close the wound".

"There's some wire on the second level I used for the tents," Octavia told them.

"Let's see it".

"Stay away from the blue wires that run through the ceiling. I rigged it to the solar cells in the roof. That means they're hot, you got that?" Raven explained to Octavia.

"Yeah, I got that," she said before heading towards the ladder.

"Tell me you can do this," Raven said to Clarke.

However, before she could say anything, their conversation was interrupted by the sound of someone yelling.

"Hey, they're back!"

We all looked towards the door and saw Bellamy, and two others, dragging someone along with them.

"Bellamy!" Octavia said.

The guys dropped the body before we saw it was the same grounder from earlier. The one who took Octavia.

"The hell are you doing?"

"It's time to get some answers," Bellamy said.

"Oh, you mean revenge?"

"I mean, intel. Get him upstairs," Bellamy commanded.