Danger

Chapter 32

Our happy moment isn't long lived, which you can thank John for when he abruptly grabs Bellamy's arm and throws him across the room.

"John!" I yell, bringing my newborn close to my chest.

"Shut up!" John yells back. "He's had his moment. Now... he's mine."

I watch them helplessly, knowing I can do nothing with a baby in my arms.

"Tie those two ends together," John commands.

Bellamy does what he's told.

"Right, now get up and toss it over."

Looking up to where John points, I figure it out. He's trying to hang Bellamy like he was hanged.

"No, Bellamy, no!"

I should've kept my mouth shut.

The next thing I know, John is pointing the gun at my daughter and I.

"Keep your mouth shut!"

"Don't hurt them," Bellamy says quickly, standing up and tossing the rope over. "Just don't hurt them."

John looks over at us before back at Bellamy like he's contemplating his request.

"What do you want me to say? Do you want me to apologise?" Bellamy asks. "I'm-"

He tries to step forward, but the gun moves quicker than lightning, moving in his face to stop him from stepping closer.

"I'm sorry," he breathes out.

"You got it all wrong, Bellamy," John tells him. "I don't want you to say anything... I want you to feel what I felt and then... then I want you to die."

No!

Looking around, I find a safe and suitable place to keep my baby girl from harms way before rushing over to attack John.

"John, no!" I try and attempt to take the gun from him, but I'm too weak.

Instead, he takes that moment to hold the gun against my head.

Bellamy steps forward.

"Move and I'll blow!" His threat, stops Bellamy from moving a muscle.

I wrestle under John's grip, but remain stuck.

Fuck you, John.

"Stand on the crate," he orders.

Bellamy hesitates at first, though does decide to climb on.

"Put the rope over your head."

"This is insane. The grounders could-"

Bellamy is interrupted by a bullet being fired.

Is he insane? That could've gone anywhere.

And then it hits me.

My baby girl!

Kneeing John where it hurts, I rush over and bring my child into my arms.

No scratches. She's fine.

"That hurt, Quinn!" John shouts, grabbing me by the arm before throwing me forward.

I have a newborn for gods sake!

"Do what I say, Bellamy, or they both get it!"

I look at Bellamy with tears in my eyes, and he throws it over immediately.