Birth

Chapter 31

A few days ago...

"Quinn!" Bellamy yelled, as he rushed into my tent. "I think I've got a solution."

"Solution?" I questioned. "Solution to what?"

He walked over and handed me a piece of paper.

"Bellamy, what is this?"

"It's some names for the baby," he stated.

"What, you thought of these?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"No, the camp did," he said. "We're struggling, right?"

"Right."

"So, I thought the best way to think of one is to get the camp suggesting ideas, too."

Not bad, Bellamy. Not bad at all.

I looked over at the paper and read over the names.

"Who suggested Rocket?"

"Jasper." He noticed my reaction. "Yeah, don't worry about that one."

I looked over, and although none of these really stuck, I appreciated the effort.

"Who chose Earth?"

"Octavia," he answered. "You know, because she thought that this will be the first baby to be born on earth."

"Cute," I nodded.

"Quinn, none of these have to be his or her name. I just wanted to give us a couple more options."

I looked up and smiled. "Thank you for this. It really means a lot."

And it really did.

Since being stuck in this drop ship, this have sped up quite a bit. I'm now biting down on the rope tied to my hands, trying to ease my way through these painful contractions. I definitely think he's coming soon.

My position has completely changed, and now, instead of sitting beside Jasper, I'm on my knees with my arms resting on a bed.

"Quinn's not looking too hot, Bellamy," John says through the walkie.

I want to punch him square in the face. Every noise is pissing me off now. Every little sound.

"Murphy, just let her go," Bellamy pleads.

But even if he let me go, I don't think I would have the energy to get up. Every ounce of my strength is being used to get me through each contraction attacking my body.

Wish my mother had warned me about childbirth. That tip could've been useful earlier on. I know I'll definitely warn any future daughters of mine about it... well, that's if I have any. I may never have another child again.