Idiots

Chapter 5

We ran as fast as our legs would carry, heading back to the other criminals. The shock of Jasper's death hit us all badly. Who had killed him? Who was out there? None of us knew. The only thing that was certain was that we needed to run as fast and as far as possible.

My feet were sore and the weight of my child slowed me down, but I didn't let that stop me. I had to keep going because whoever was out there, knew we were still alive.

Up ahead, I suddenly saw Monty trip over a root from a nearby tree, faceplanting the ground.

"Come on!" Finn said as he rushed to Monty's side in an attempt to get him back on his feet.

"Monty, get up!" Octavia ordered as she helped him to his feet.

All of a sudden, our eyes are distracted by bones.

"Who are they?" Finn questioned just as Clarke picked an oddly shaped skull up.

"What are they?" she asked.

"We are so screwed," Octavia stated.

She's right. We are.

"Guys, we've gotta keep moving. We stop now, and we're all dead," I said.

A sudden scream begun to occur throughout the trees, causing Clarke to drop the skull.

"Is that..." I paused.

"Jasper. He's alive," Clarke said before beginning to run towards the noise.

"Clarke, wait! Wait!" Finn shouted before running after her.

The others followed but I hesitated. Death, Quinn. Follow the screams and death will come. I continued to stand there, waiting for them to come back. But when it became apparent that they weren't, that's when my legs started to run after them.

Damn it.

I quickly ran down and through the trees, where I spotted the others. They were all huddled together with misery consuming their faces.

"Guys-" I begun before Monty pointed other to Mount Weather, where Jasper's body was supposed to be.

"He was right there," Finn whispered.

"No. Where is he?" Monty questioned.

"They took him," Clarke detected.

Oh god. Where the hell have they taken him?

~

"Wells!" Clarke yelled. "Let him go!"

We had finally made it back to the rest of the criminals, and boy did we come back at a great time. Wells had a knife pressed against John Murphy's neck. Seems John Murphy has a bit of calling when it comes to a fight, though I'm surprised he didn't win this one. Well done, Wells.

Wells pushed him to the ground, causing a feisty Murphy to jump back up.

"Hey, enough, Murphy," Bellamy said as he pulled Murphy back.

Just then, Monty walked in with Octavia's arm resting over his shoulder, grabbing Bellamy's attention to be drawn.

"Octavia. Are you all right?"

"Yeah," she simply replied.

I felt Bellamy's hand slighly touch my arm before I shook him off and walked over to Finn and Clarke.

"Where's the food?" he asked.

Where's your manners, asshole?

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather," Finn stated as he sat down on a nearby rock.