Near Death Experience

Chapter 6

Let's just clear something up. Going to save Jasper was something I had happily volunteered to go do. Having Bellamy and Murphy tag along to help wasn't something I volunteered to do. Got it? Good.

"Those guys aren't just bullies, Clarke. They're dangerous criminals," Wells stated.

"I hate to say it, Clarke, but he's right. You've chosen the two biggest assholes of them all. They'll get us killed".

"Maybe, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. We need to get Jasper back".

Wells and I exchanged a look.

"I guess you and I are finally on the same page about something," Wells said.

"Yeah," I said. "Who would have thought?"

Obviously not me.

~

The five of us walked through the woods in silence. Neither one of us said a word to another. That was how I liked it. Quiet enough to think. I thought about rescuing Jasper, about the monster who probably had him held hostage, and one other thing. What was it? Oh yeah, how much I hated Bellamy Blake.

"Hey, slow down," Bellamy called with a gun in his hand.

Speak of the devil. Damn it, Blake. Couldn't you have just given me five minutes of peace?

"What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart".

"Put the gun away, Bellamy," Wells said.

"Why don't you do something about it?" Murphy piped up.

"Jasper screamed when they moved him. If the spear had struck his heart, he would've died instantly. That doesn't mean we have time to waste," Clarke explained.

All of a sudden, Bellamy grabbed Clarke's wrist, reminding me of when he grabbed mine.

"As soon as you take this wristband off, we can go," he smirked.

"Let go of her, Bellamy," I ordered.

"It's okay, Quinn. I've got this," Clarke said.

She then turned her focus from me to Bellamy.

"Look, the only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead, is if I'm dead. Got it?" she said as she wrenched her arm out of his grasp.

Wow. She really did know how to handle herself.

"Brave princess".

"Why don't you find your own nickname?" a familiar voice called from behind.

I suddenly grinned. It was Finn.

"You call this a rescue party? We got to split up, cover more ground. Clarke, you're coming with me".

Clarke looked back at me before I nodded. I shipped her and Finn, though I wouldn't say it to her.

So with Clarke paired with Finn, I had two choices. I could either pair with an Wells or I could go solo. Solo it is.

I begun to walk off in my own direction before the sound of footsteps behind me, became apparent. I swear. If that's Bellamy, I'm gonna pull my arm out of it's socket.

The footsteps finally came with a voice before I looked to my left and saw it was... John Murphy.

"Hey Brady," Murphy said.

"Hi John, still being an ass?"

"Why must you hurt me, Brady?"

"Why must you call me a slut, John?"