Saving Finn

Firstly, I'd like to apologise to all of you who have been left with such a mighty cliff-hanger, but since my last chapter, I developed major writer's block. It's not that I don't/didn't love this book because I did. Trust me, I did. There was still so much to write about related to Quirphy and their growing relationship, but unfortunately I got to a point where I couldn't think how to continue... though, I know how it ends...

Anyways, I wanted to thank you guys for giving me a kick up the backside and for encouraging me to finish their story. So, for all of you commenting on this story, begging for a new chapter, this is for you. This is dedicated to you guys. Thank you.

Chapter 17

Quinn's Pov

"Clarke! He's seizing!" Raven yelled up the ladder.

"On my way!" we heard Clarke respond.

She quickly dropped down before rushing over to Finn.

"He was fine and then-"

"Get my mother on the radio!" she demanded. "Raven, now!"

"The radio's dead! Interference from the storm," Raven quickly explained. "Please don't let him die".

After a while of seizing, Finn finally stopped, leaving foam in his mouth.

"It stopped. Quick, help me get him on his side," she commanded. "Raven, there's fluid in his lungs. He could choke. Quick".

They quickly moved Finn onto his side with the help of myself and Kai. I placed a hand on his cheek.

"Clarke, he's burning up".

"Fluid in his lungs? Does that mean the knife hit something?"

"No, this isn't blood. It's something else," Clarke said. "I did everything she told me. Wait, I've seen this before. Shortness of breath, fever, seizing. It's poison".

"Clarke, you sterilized everything. I watched you do it".

Clarke looked over at something on the table. "Not everything".

Clarke then grabbed the knife.

"Stay here," she said before heading up the ladder.

However, in a short amount of minutes, I was already tired of waiting.

"Quinn, what are you doing?" Kai asked as I begun to climb the ladder. "Clarke told us to stay here".

"Yeah, but Finn's dying. We have no time to waste".

I continued up before I reached the top, and saw Bellamy torturing the grounder.

"Bellamy! What the hell are you doing?" I yelled.

"Saving Finn's life".

"Oh really? You think beating this guy is going to change anything? You honestly think becoming the monster will destroy the other? It doesn't work like that, dumbass. He won't talk unless you make him talk".

"That's exactly what I'm doing".

Another whip hurt the grounder before I grabbed Bellamy's arm.

"Stop!"

Hands were placed on my shoulders before I shook them off.

"Get the hell off of me!" I hissed.

"Boy, Bellamy. You really did choose a good one. But your kid is making her grouchy as shit," Miller muttered from the back as another criminal held me back.

"What did you say?" Bellamy asked angrily.

"Nothing," Miller said quickly before avoiding eye contact with Bellamy.

"That's what I thought".

Bellamy whipped the guy again.

"You really think you can get him to talk that way? He needs to be scared, Bell. He needs to feel fear," I told him.

"Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Putting the fear of god into him".

"You really think you can do that? We're from the Ark, Bellamy. They're from the ground. They know more punishment then we can possibly imagine. You can't scare him. Not that way at least".

"Then how?"

"What did he have on him?"

"Just these vials," Miller said.

"And this," Bellamy said before handing me his notebook.

My eyes examined every page thoroughly until I saw a familiar face. It was Octavia. And then, realization struck me.

"Oh my god".

"What is it, Quinn?" Bellamy asked.

I ignored him before I stepped towards the grounder.

"It's her, isn't it? Your weakness is her".

A grin slowly emerged from my face as I knew that I was right.

"Octavia, I need you a minute".

"Why? What's going on?" Bellamy asked before Octavia made her way over to me.

"I need your arm," I informed her.

A quick nod occurred before she laid out her right arm and placed it in my palm.

"Clarke, the knife".

"What are you gonna do?" Clarke asked as she handed me it.

"What is necessary".

"Quinn, whatever you're doing, I suggest you stop it," Bellamy threatened.

"Is that a threat? Because we both want to save Finn, right?"

"Right".

"Well, this is the only way".

"Quinn-" Bellamy tried again.

"Octavia, this the only way to save Finn. Just trust me, okay?"

She nodded. "Do it".

I quickly sliced her arm with the knife, which poisoned Finn. I knew that this grounder cared for Octavia. So now, he was going to show us which is the antidote whether he liked it or not.

"Show me!" I demanded. "Show me!"

Reluctantly, the grounder agreed to cooperate.

Take that, Bellamy.

Octavia crouched down and began going through the vials one by one until he finally nodded, indicating the antidote.

A smile danced across my face as Octavia rushed over to Clarke and handed her the vial.

Just hang in there, Finn. Help is on the way.

I looked at the beaten grounder and smiled softly, "thank you," before I followed after Clarke.

But before I go...

I shoved Bellamy against the wall and looked him dead in the eye. "Why you must revert to violence to solve a problem?"

No answer. I received no answer.

"If you don't get your shit together, you will never get to know your daughter!"

And with that, I left, regretting my baby daddy's identity more than running through the woods with a watermelon strapped to my stomach.

Fuck my life.