Chapter Twenty One

Excuse the mistakes!!

Heavy snow covered the city of Detroit trapping everyone inside their homes or at work. Santana held Ailani in her hands and stood at her balcony door watching the snow fall.

"It's your first snow day mamas" She whispered pecking her daughter on the forehead. Ailani closed her eyes and smiled with the pacifier in her mouth. Santana couldn't help but smile back.

Being born premature and weighing only one pound and zero ounces, she had so many complications the doctors and nurses didn't believe she would survive. But Ailani was a fighter, during the whole stay at the hospital she was known as their miracle baby.

"I wanna watch incredibles two" August voice squealed from the hallway.

"Tana got it set up for you when we was making popcorn" King told him. A few seconds later they walked into the bedroom. August hopped on the bed and sat at the foot of the bed. "Don't knock that over" King said placing the bowl of popcorn next to him. "Let me see her" he continued reaching his arms out for Ailani.

Santana walked closer to him and gently passed her to King before grabbing the remote off the bed pressing play on Netflix's for August.

King held Ailani in his arms and sat on the bed. He stared at her face that remind him of Santana seen light scratches on her cheeks, "Where them gloves at Tana?" he asked her. "I'm not feeling these scratches on her face"

"She hates them" she said passing him the baby mittens.

He laid her down on the bed and grabbed the gloves. He gently picked up one of her hands and tried to put the gloves on her but she was fighting him. Ailani started crying as he finally got one of them on, covering her hand.

"You scratching your face up Lala" King mentioned with the nickname he gave her. Her screams grew louder as tears slowly fell from her eyes but King continued to put them on. Once he was done she continued to cry.

Santana watched King stare down at her for a few seconds before picking her up, placing a kiss on her cheek. He laid back on the headboard and placed her on his bare, warm chest gently patting her back. A few moments later she started to calm down.

"All that crying cause you didn't have your way" he chuckled. She let out a soft scream as she stared at Santana. "Who you yelling at?" With a small smile on her face, Santana watched them go back and forth. Every time King would say something to her she would do a little scream back.

"She gets that from you" he told Santana. Ailani let out a light scream. "I'm not even talking to you" he chuckled.

"She's going to sleep" Santana said watching her eyes slowly closed. "She's fed, burped and has a clean fresh diaper so it's about that time"

"Running her mouth made her tired" he chuckled. Ailani opened her eyes and cooed one last time before closing them again.

"She gotta have the last word" Santana laughed lightly.

"Yeah but thats not going to work with me" King said looking down at his daughter sleeping on his chest. "Daddys always going to get the last word" King waiting for Ailani to speak but she was already fast asleep.

Santana giggles, "Want me to place her in her bassinet?"

"Nah let her be she good" he answered. "But come over here I wanna talk to you about something"