2

My gaze drifts down to his hand, outstretched in front of me. He has a black ring on his middle finger, and a small but noticeable tattoo on his index one, that simply consists of a small star. My gaze wonders back up again, and for some reason I can't formulate words nor actions in front of Reece, who I'm slightly intimidated by. Actually, slightly is an understatement. He let's off the bad boy, motocyclist kind of vibe, which really isn't my thing.

"You just gonna leave me hanging? C'mon, don't just leave me hanging." His smirk widens when I look taken aback, and finally I lift my hand, slotting it slowly against his. He holds my hand firmly, although his are soft and almost silky, and I feel myself gulp as we slowly let go.

"What's your name?" He says, not moving from his place in the doorway.

"C-Can I come in first, please?" I finally muster, my hands feeling clammy. Reece raises an eyebrow at me, leaning against the doorframe.

"Ah, so he does speak." He clucks his tongue playfully, and I frown slightly. My anxiety was building up, simply from being in a situation that I'm completely uncomfortable in.

"I won't let you in until you tell me your name, pretty boy." He muses, but I'm caught off guard. Pretty boy? A faint blush arises on my cheeks, and I can tell it doesn't go unnoticed by Reece, who purses his lips to hide his smile.

"My name is George." I finally say, wanting to get inside quickly. To my surprise, when I try to get through, Reece doesn't move, and I stumble back slightly, confusion clear on my face.

It was obvious Reece enjoyed messing with me.

"George? Hm, I prefer pretty boy, don't you?" He says, smirking widely as he watches my reaction. I look at him, slightly baffled, and I swallow deeply.

"Not really." I mumble. Reece raises his eyebrows and finally pushes himself off the wall, giving me a proper view of the room.

"Fair enough, everyone has their preferences." He winks as he walks away from the room. I stand slightly rigid in shock before following him slowly into the dorm room, frowning once again when I see the new arrangements. Reece notices my gaze as he falls back onto his bed, his arms folding behind his head.

"I switched your bed. Hope you don't mind." He muses, but I can tell he doesn't really care that much if it isn't quite what I wanted. I don't say anything as I walk over to my bed, slowly sitting down on it as I nervously glace towards Reece. He's leaning back carelessly, his attention drawn to the small phone in front of his face, not even glancing at me. His hair is messy, and slightly covers his piercing green eyes. He's got a simple black t-shirt and grey joggers on, his shirt ridding up slightly exposing his tanned stomach. I gulp as I quickly look away and face the wall, my hands trembling slightly.

The most awful feeling is not knowing what to say to someone. My mind wonders through possible conversation starters, but my nervousness doesn't allow any of them to escape the depth of my mind.

"What class do you have tomorrow?" His voice makes me jump, and I look over at him, startled.

"W-What?" I squeak stupidly, regretting it as soon as I see him raise his eyebrows and smirk slightly.

"Um, I asked what classes you have tomorrow?" He says as though it were obvious. I blush deeply, thinking over my schedule for tomorrow so that I can at least try to not seem stupid.

"Um, English Literature, Maths High Level and Social Studies I think." I speak quietly, not meeting his eyes. When he doesn't respond, I get the courage to look over, and I see him studying me, which makes me gulp in embarrassment.

"We only have maths together." He finally says, his intense eyes piercing into mine, and I'm afraid to look away.

"That's... nice." I stumble out, deciding to begin getting ready; this boy isn't about to mess up my whole plan for the first day. I slip off my shoes, placing them neatly by the side of my bed, before unzipping my suitcase and pulling out some pijamas. I completely ignore Reece's presence as I slip into the connected bathroom, shutting the door behind me. When I do so, my whole composure fades away and my shoulder sag, my head hanging back in annoyance.

Why am I so awkward? It's so damn annoying. There's literally so many things I could talk about, but nothing ever comes out. I could actually show Reece my interesting side rather than this embarrassing one, but no, my mind and subconscious really doesn't want to cooperate.

I quickly change into stripped pijamas, throwing my clothes to the side so that I could get them cleaned later on. I quickly wash my face and brush my teeth, before looking at myself intensely in the mirror.

"You've got this George. He's just some random dude who you're gonna be sharing a room with for the rest of the year. No big deal." I breathe out shakily before finally making my way out of the bathroom and over to my bed again, attempting to avoid meeting Reece's eyes.

"Are you going to bed already?" Reece sounds surprised, but I just look at him, not showing my embarrassment.

"Uh yes, we have classes tomorrow." I deadpan, making Reece's eyes harden slightly. My chest tightens slightly in fear at the small detail, but eventually the taller male just rolls his eyes, looking away. I quickly get into bed, sighing quietly in relief, and I pull my covers up to my shoulder, looking directly at the white wall in front of me.

Okay, so my roommate is a lot hotter than I was expecting. But that doesn't mean anything; he's most probably not anything but straight (all the hot ones are) and even so, he seems like a bit of a dickhead.

I just need to focus on UNI. That's what's important here.

i think it's fairly ambitious to want to update every two or three days, but im gonna try hahaha x