17

The bright light is what wakes me up on Monday morning, and it takes me a while to remember what happened yesterday and the day before, but it soon hits me;

Reece running out on me when I came out.

Blake and Adam taking care of me.

Reece running his hands through my hair when he thought I was asleep.

I sigh lightly, almost happily, because the last thing can only mean that he's not disgusted by me... right? I hope not. I notice the soft sniffle of my nose but other than that I feel as good as new, and I then realise that I've missed school today.

I probably shouldn't be happy about that but I really am.

I let out an even longer sigh as I roll over, pulling the covers up further so that the only thing on show is my head. The intense brightness of the room leaves me slightly surprised, and I peel my eyes open to look over at the window, the blinds pulled up to the top. Reece must have opened it before he left to class.

Suddenly, a voice speaks, breaking the silence of the room and also making me almost jump out of my skin.

"Are you gonna wake up or just continuously keep sighing?" Reece's comment makes my sit up very suddenly with wide eyes, my heart missing a beat.

"Holy shit Reece!" I breathe out suddenly, and Reece's own eyes widen when he realises what he just did. He's perched on the side of his bed with his legs tossed over the side, his elbows holding up his head as he looks towards me. He's wearing some sweatpants and a hoodie that looks way to big for him, but makes him look awfully innocent and cute; it breaks his bad boy image entirely.

"Shit, sorry George, I didn't mean to scare you." He says worriedly, standing up and squatting down next to my bed. "Don't move too fast, you're gonna hurt your head even more." He murmurs, his hand hesitantly coming to rub my arm.

"W-What are you doing here?" I stutter, looking at him with surprised, wide eyes. Reece looks down sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand, adorned by many thick, silver and black rings.

"Blake told me that you weren't feeling well so I decided to take the day off to take care of you." He mutters, looking down momentarily. Like this, he almost seems vulnerable, and my heartbeat increases slightly.

"O-Oh, well thanks." I murmur, blushing lightly.

"How are you feeling?" He then asks, breaking the awkward silence that had begun to overwhelm us. I look up at him, seeing his caring eyes, and for some reason, despite barely feeling sick at all, the words still seem to tumble out of my mouth uncontrollably.

"Um not too good, my head still hurts and I'm cold." I lie, making my eyes more vulnerable. I don't know why I just said that.

It has the right effect though; Reece's eyes immediately turn sympathetic, and he reaches forwards to touch my forehead with his soft hands. I feel the contact of his cold rings against my skin, and I hum lightly.

"You're not too warm..." His eyebrows are furrowed as he looks around the room, and I purse my lips; he's so cute.

"Do you want my blanket? But I don't want you getting too warm... maybe a jumper..." He mutters more to himself than anyone else. "Medicine!" He exclaims suddenly.

(no pun intended)

I watch him scurry around the room, grabbing items and trying to organise himself; he turns on the TV, claiming that I need to be entertained, and then fills me a glass with water and looking for my pills. He groans loudly when he can't find them, and I hold in my laughter. He looks up at me with furrowed eyebrows, a small pout forming on his lips.

"Hey, don't laugh at me, I'm trying my best." He whines, and I imitate his pout.

"I know you are, and it's adorable." He rolls his eyes, although I can see the faintest of blushes forming on his face, and finally he finds the right pills, taking one out and handing it to me to swallow with the water. I do so, and then Reece just stands there, slightly flustered and confused.

"Uh, so what would your mum usually do now to make you feel better?" He murmurs, and I pretend to think for a few seconds, before smirking slightly.

"Well, usually her and I would cuddle up together and watch FRIENDS..." I trail off once I see Reece furrow his eyebrows in disgust.

"Ew, I don't cuddle." He crosses his arms indignantly, and I let out a snort, shivering slightly exaggeratedly.

"Bad boy Reece doesn't cuddle? Does he not know how? Aw, what a shame." I patronise, and I see him glance at me in confusion and then frown slightly. He suddenly sweeps forwards, leaning over my bed, and I regret having said anything. For a moment I fear that he might get angry, but then a small grin forms on his face and he tackles me onto my bed, making me let out a loud squeal. I feel his body pressed against mine, his arms wrapping around my waist and his head face down into my pillow.

"Alright, then I'm going to have to cuddle the hell out of you to make you feel better." His devious eyes meet mine as he lifts his head, his whole body practically resting on top of mine. His hair flops down, almost touching my forehead, and I finally notice the proximity, my breath hitching momentarily. Reece seems to notice as well, but he doesn't move away immediately; his eyes linger on my lips for a second, but they quickly snap up again, and he pushes himself up and onto his side, so that our bodies are barely touching.

We're silent for a moment, before Reece clears his throat and gets himself under the bed covers.

"Um, so do you wanna watch FRIENDS then?" He muses, and I let out a shaky breath, sitting up slightly.

"Uh, yeah, please." I say quietly, my voice hoarse. Reece fiddles with the TV for a few moments before switching on an episode, the sound filling the silent room.

Reece suddenly drapes an arm around me, and my heart skips a beat. His eyes remain fixed on the screen, so I just lean into his side slightly, enjoying the touch.

After a few moments, I finally gain the courage to ask him what had been on my mind all weekend.

"Reece?" I murmurs, sucking in a nervous breath.

"Yes George?" He hums, his eyes flickering over to me. I hesitate before speaking again.

"Are you disgusted by me?" My voice sounds silent and vulnerable, but Reece hears me clearly. He shifts so that he can see me properly, his eyebrows furrowed.

"What, why would you say that?" His tone is soft, and I blush lightly.

"W-Well when I told you I'm gay, you seemed..." I can't finish my sentance, furiously picking at the strings of the blanket out of nerves.

"I'm not at all disgusted by you George, I could never be. I just got... confused." His word choice makes me look up at him slowly, and he's biting his lip lightly.

"Confused? Why?" My heart thumps slightly, and Reece quickly looks away.

"Can we not talk about this please?" He mumbles harshly, his eyes locking onto the screen again, seemingly angrily.

"Right, of course, sorry for prying." I sigh softly, feeling like I'm back when Reece would get mad over everything.

To soothe my worries though, I feel his arm come back around my shoulders, and a small smile forms on my face.

Is this really what friends would do?

hehe i kinda like this chapter :)

happy saturday lovelies. i've done about 1/3 of my exams now so i'll be back properly soon! x