5

When I get back to the room, it's empty, making me frown. It's already 10pm, is Reece really out right now? I shrug it off and make my way to my bed, throwing myself carelessly on it. Blake is a really great friend, and I'm actually relieved I crashed into him the first day. If only Reece was as nice as him, this would all be a whole lot easier.

I take out my maths notebook, deciding to try and revise what we did today in class, just to make sure I understand it all. Within minutes I'm bored, so I decide to shower, get into my pijamas and relax. I head off to the bathroom, pulling off my shirt (that now, undoubtedly, has a hint of coffee smell) and throwing it to the side. I slide out of my jeans and get the water running, waiting for it to warm up before stepping into it. I look down at my stomach, that still has angry red marks on it, and hiss when the water touches them.

Fucking coffee.

I keep my shower short, stepping out fairly quickly and wrapping my towel around my waist. I step out of the bathroom, entering the empty bedroom again and walking to the bed. As I pick up my pijamas, I hear a loud bang behind me, and I whip around in shock. Reece suddenly looks at me his eyes wide, and his eyes switch to my chest, widening even further. I rush to try and pull my shirt on, feeling beyond awkward. Before I can though, a hand roughly grabs my wrist, freezing my movements. I look straight down, almost not breathing, as I await Reece's words. He's breathing rather heavily, and I bite my lip expectantly.

"Did I... do that to you?" His quiet words take me aback and I slowly look up, meeting Reece's eyes. That's when I notice the slight redness surrounding them; Reece is high. I gulp and quickly look away, trying to get out of his grip.

"I-I..." I stutter, my voice weak. His grip suddenly tightens.

"Did I do that to you." This time it's less of a question and more of a harsh statement, making me whimper.

"Yes." I say simply, and finally he lets go. I step back fearfully, watching Reece run his hand through his hair and stumble back minimally.

"I... I'm sorry." He murmurs, looking into my eyes.

"It's fine." I squeak, unsure of how to act. Then, as though forgetting the topic, Reece makes his way to the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind him, leaving me standing beside my bed, frozen in shock.

***

"He was fucking high!" I exclaim, looking at Blake and Adam desperately, and both of them exchange looks. After last night, I texted Blake and Adam to see if either of them wanted to have lunch with me, and since they both did, I decided to have lunch with both of them. Besides, they were more than willing to meet each other and try to make more friends. I explained to them my situation with Reece, specifically what happened yesterday,

"I mean, he showed up to class but he looked like a walking vampire." Adam adds in quietly.

"That's not normal, is it? I mean, who the hell gets high after the first day of school?" My voice comes out slightly more high-pitched than I had intended, and Blake tries to contain his laughter, holding his hand in front of his mouth. Adam does the same, looking away slightly. I roll my eyes, annoyed, but I can't help the small smile forming on my face.

"You guys are really no help." I huff, a small giggle escaping my lips.

"Sorry George, it's just, you're so... innocent." Adam and Blake burst out laughing at my reaction to Adams comment, clapping their hands like seals.

"Shut up, I'm not innocent." I imitate Adams Scottish accent, feeling Adam softly kick me under the table in retaliation.

"Oh yeah? How far have you ever gotten with someone?" Adam challenges playfully, crossing his arms and eventually laughing at my flushed face and lack of verbal response.

"That's... not important." I say stubbornly, giggling along with the others as they struggle to breathe due to their laughter.

"Not important because it's inexistent." Blake wipes at his eyes as they both begin to calm down, seeing my slightly unamused expression.

"That's not my fault. It's just... no one likes me, so..." I trail off awkwardly, my fingers automatically going to fiddle with each other. Adam scoffs.

"As if no ones ever liked you before. George, have you seen yourself?" Blake nods in agreement, and I blush deeply. To be fair, it's not like no one's liked me, it's just that everyone who has liked me have been girls... I just don't swing that way.

"Aw fuck off you guys, I'm blushing." I say playfully, grinning along with them.

The rest of the day passes quickly, my mood having lifted massively after the conversation I had with Blake and Adam. Soon enough, I make my way back to the dorm, breathing deeply to prepare myself before entering. To my relief, Reece is nowhere to be found, so I spend my evening peacefully reviewing what I had done in class and finishing up my homework.

Reece eventually returns, not as late as he had the night before but still fairly late. We don't speak, the awkward silence eating at my skin, and I can't help glancing at him every now and then. He catches my eye at one point, and he looks at me weirdly, almost challenging me.

"What?" He snaps.

"N-Nothing." I say quickly, looking away. This isn't going to be easy.

i've decided to update this book every tuesday and saturday :)

(lets see if i actually remember to do that lmao)