3

this update comes to you due to George being an actual adult :(

enjoy x

The soft morning sun streaking through the window wakes me up on Monday morning, although my sleep had been fairly restless. My brain kept throwing me awful situations that could possibly happen on my first day, and I couldn't help getting a little more anxious that necessary. I groan quietly as I roll over, rubbing my tired eyes with my fist. The clock on my bedside table reads 7am, and I sigh, looking up at the ceiling.

After another few minutes of aimless staring, I decide I should probably start getting ready, so I pull my covers off my body, grimacing at the cold blast of air that hits me. I quietly grab some clothes from my wardrobe, opting for a simple pair of blue jeans and a brown jumper, and some Adidas trainers. I slip into the outfit in the bathroom, breathing deeply to calm my nerves.

As I'm preparing my bag for the day, I notice that Reece is still asleep, and the time reads 7:26am, so I should probably wake him. Don't want him to be late on the first day. I slowly walk up to him, leaning down slightly before hesitantly shaking his tense shoulder. It takes him a minute but eventually his eyes flutter open, and he looks at me in confusion. He then snaps his gaze over to the clock, and a loud groan escapes his lips.

"What the fuck is wrong with you! Don't wake me up so early." He snaps, his voice deep and laced with fatigue. I step back slightly at his piercing tone, gulping slightly.

"Y-Yes but we have school." I mutter. He glares at me as his eyes close again.

"Yeah but not all of us need a full hour to get ready." He grumbles, making me blush and get up.

"I'm sorry." I mutter.

***

My hands are shaking as I enter the class a full ten minutes early, seeing that most of the seats are empty. I try and find a seat near the back, so that I won't be too close to the teacher. As I'm waking over, I notice a small girl looking over at me from the other side of the room, and I look over at her. She's attractive, with bright blue eyes and the tips of her blonde hair dyed light pink, almost like candy floss. She smiles over at me, showing her perfectly straight, white teeth. I blush sightly and smile back, taking my seat slowly.

If I wasn't super gay, I'd totally be attracted to her.

I pull out my books, setting them up neatly with my pens next to them. Suddenly, I feel a presence next to me, and I look up quickly. I'm taken aback when I spot a tall male sitting next to me, his dark hair pushed back and his tanned skin adorned by black glasses.

Yeah, that's more like it.

He smiles widely when he notices my gaze, sticking out his hand. This time, unlike last night, it doesn't take me long to shake it.

"Hey, I'm Adam, nice to meet you." He says, his voice friendly and inviting.

"I'm George. Nice to meet you too." I smile awkwardly.

"Do you mind if I sit here? I don't really know anyone, and truthfully you're the only one who doesn't look absolutely terrifying." Adam blushes lightly as I laugh slightly, looking around the room. He's got a point; lots of people who have newly arrived towards the front are wearing dark clothes, and tattoos and piecing are not scarce.

"Of course you can. I don't really have many friends so it's fine." I ramble, already mentally hitting myself due to the stupidity of my comment. That was completely unnecessary information, George. He probably thinks you're weird and lame.

I feel relieved when I hear Adam laugh loudly, throwing his head back slightly, a small dimple forming at the corner of his mouth.

"I've never related to anything more." He says, making me smile widely.

"Lets be friends then. You want my number so we can hang out sometime?" He says, pulling out his phone, making me do the same.

"Yeah, that-that would be great." I stammer out, my eyes wide. I don't recall being this good at making friends. First Blake, now Adam....

Adam puts his number into my phone, smiling once more as he hands me it back. Just then, a loud voice interrupts everyone's soft chatter, making Adam and I face towards the front of the class again. The teacher makes everyone settle down, introducing herself and the class that we're going to be studying for the next few years.

After the two hour lesson, I trudge towards the cafeteria, planning on grabbing a coffee before making my way to Maths, which is the lesson I have next. There aren't many people in the cafeteria, most of them already on the way to class again. The cafeteria is a very basic room, one that I don't plan on spending much time in. It reminds me a lot of school cafeterias, like the ones I had back in secondary school. Just the thought of that makes me grimace; yeah, I won't spend much time in here. I make my way over to the machine, passing a group of loud students who're all chatting in the middle of the room. I wait patiently for the coffee to brew, trying my best to not make eye contact with anyone. Suddenly, as I'm picking up my coffee, a familiar voice catches my attention.

"Shit, I need to get to Maths! See you guys la-" He's cut off by a loud groan as him and I suddenly crash into each other. I let out a squeak as I feel the hot liquid from my coffee soak through my shirt. Reece mumbles a quick apology, not even looking at me as he rushes off. I look down at my shirt in shock, not sure what to do. I'm going to be so late.

After running all the way back to the dorm room, changing shirt and running all the way to classroom, I had missed a good twenty minutes of class. I walk in silently, the teacher giving me a pointed look.

"You're a little late." He says quietly, thankfully not drawing too much attention to me.

"I-I'm sorry, I had to..." I stutter, nervously looking at the floor and twiddling my hands. He quickly interrupts me, coming closer to not have to speak in front of the whole class.

"You don't have to explain, it's okay, as long as it doesn't happen again." He says quietly, and I quickly nod, looking slightly fearful.

"Good. I'm Mr Kahns, I'll be your maths teacher for the year. What's your name? I need to write down that you were slightly late." He says. From up close, I realise Mr Kahns is a lot younger, probably not any older than late twenties, maybe early thirties. He's Indian, with neatly slicked back hair, and he's fairly short.

"I'm George Smith." I murmur. He nods and sends me off, and I sigh in relief, making my way through the class of peering eyes towards the back of the room. I find and empty seat and I sit down, breathing out deeply.

That was not fun. And it was all Reece's fault.