15

"The reason I don't wanna go on a date with them is because I'm gay!"

The room is suddenly swallowed by silence, a piercing, fearful type of silence that I majorly dislike. I gaze at Reece's every move in fear, watching him lift his hand slowly to run it through his hair, most likely out of shock. Eventually, he speaks again.

"Y-You're - what?" He says, dumbfounded, making me roll my watery eyes.

"I'm gay, okay? I like dudes." I repeat loudly, my voice cracking. Reece looks at me sympathetically, finally showing a normal reaction, which makes me feel a little better.

"I-I know what gay is George." He chuckles lightly, but I can tell he's still slightly reserved. He's not sure how to react, and the distance he is keeping between us is slightly painful. I'm praying that Reece isn't homophobic, because that would ruin everything. I'm not ready for that yet. As much as I hate to admit it, Reece has become important to me; his nice side has changed him entirely, and he's a really great person. It's frustrating, because my crush has only increased more and more with his charm. He's a really different person now, and I really don't want to have to lose our friendship over something as stupid as this. I can't lose Reece.

"I-I'm so sorry George," He finally says slowly, hesitantly, breaking me out of my long chain of hurtful thoughts, "it was so insensitive of me to just presume you like girls, especially now a days. I'm... yeah, uh, I'm sorry, uh, I gotta go." Suddenly, Reece rushes out the door, his stuttering coming to end, leaving me standing in the middle of the room in shock. I swallow tightly as the room is once again endorsed in silence. I feel my eyes watering slightly, and I can't help the soft tear that falls down my cheek. I wipe it pitifully, my hands shaking, and I decide to try and forget what just happened and go for a shower. I quickly grab out some comfortable clothes from my closet, making my way to the bathroom and locking the door behind me. I sigh deeply as I lean against it, my head falling backwards and bashing it lightly. I ball up my fists harshly as I think about the conversation Reece and I just had, and I groan loudly.

I turn on the shower, letting the water run slightly, before undressing and stepping under the warm water. Clearly, Reece didn't know what to do with the information I gave him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't really accepting. I don't know what'll happened if Reece can't accept my sexuality. Would he make me move out? Would he want to change roommates? Will he even still talk to me anymore? I don't want to ruin what we've just started building, but I'm afraid it's all going to fall downhill from here.

My breath hitches as I think this, and the tears that have been threatening to fall for the past few minutes finally do, mixing in with the warm shower water. I can't disguise my sobs as I begin shaking, my body slumping against the cold wall, causing goosebumps to arise on my whole body. I ignore my discomfort, squeezing my eyes shut tightly. I felt dizzy with all the crying, and I knew I would have to stop soon before I got too worked up, but something wouldn't let me stop. I tried taking in deep breaths, the steam making it harder, but finally I manage to get it under control.

It's getting harder to imagine that Reece could ever like me back; it's stupid to even think. Reece clearly isn't interested in guys, by his reaction that's a given, and it's all just turning into an unrealistic fantasy that's never going to happen. I'm an idiot. At least, hopefully, Reece will move past this and still be friends with me. I don't quite know what I'll do if he doesn't, it may crush my heart slightly. And I've had a crushed heart before; it really does not feel nice.

I stand under the water until it gets cold and I'm basically forced out, wrapping a fluffy towel around my body. I bury my face into the material, wiping at my eyes to dry them. My head is still spinning, and I'm afraid that I have a headache coming along.

I quickly change into my clothes and go back into the room, feeling it spin slightly. I steady myself on the wall, feeling overwhelmed by the dizziness. Tears prick once again in my eyes; fuck, I'm not sick now, am I?

I flop onto my bed, groaning loudly. I need some sleep. Hopefully later I'll feel better.

hey guys;

so, my exams start this week which means i'm only gonna update once a week, sorry :((

the next few chapters are a bit of a mess but something exciting will happen soon ;)