25

My eyes flutter open involuntarily, the sunlight pouring in through the window and piercing my sight. I whine and cover them lightly with my arm, not taking long to realise there's soft snoring coming from right behind me. The night before quickly flows into my mind, my breath hitching lightly in my throat at the thought.

It's unusual for me to be so hasty like that. I'd never usually sleep with someone so quickly, after only just getting together, but something about Reece changes me. My heart flutters at only the thought of him, and that's something that has never happened before; not a single soul has been able to steal my heart like he has. It's a scary concept.

A slight movement from behind me catches me off guard, an arm tightening around my waist, and I can't help the small, slightly surprised smile that forms on my face. When he finally speaks, my heart skips a beat.

"Good morning, G. Do you-" He begins speaking softly, his husky, slightly cracking voice making my heart skip a beat.

"Shush, George is asleep." I mutter, hiding my grin as I cuddle further into the blankets, my eyes screwing shut tightly. Reece lets out a loud laugh, burying his head into my neck from behind.

"How is George talking if George is asleep?" Reece mocks, his voice low, and I let out a laugh before quickly turning around in his chest, facing the messy-haired blonde wearing a large smile.

"Can you not listen? I said 'shh'." I quickly say, pressing a finger against his lips and closing my eyes again, pretending to be asleep.

"George, you're so silly." Reece cackles, his hand coming to run through my hair. I blush lightly, burying myself deeper into his chest, loving the feeling of our skins pressed together.

We're stuck in silence for a little while longer, neither of us willing to break it and both of us clearly deep in thought. I feel myself lightly drifting off again, too comfortable as I cuddle with Reece, but his voice speaks again, waking me up.

"You don't regret last night, do you?" He whispers, his voice sounding rather vulnerable and hesitant. My eyes peel open and I immediately greet Reece's open ones, that had previously been scanning my face. His face looks pensive, slightly worried, and I quickly soothe him with a soft smile.

"Not at all." I smile, and his face melts into a relieved smile himself. "It's not what I usually do, I'm quite reserved and I surprised myself last night. But... I don't know, something about seeing you so vulnerable and sad, made me feel like I could truly trust you." I can't help but notice the slight but barely visible blush that coats Reece's cheeks, taking me almost by surprised. I guess I'm just not used to this soft side of his.

"You can truly trust me. With everything." He says lightly, making a small giggle escape my lips at the hidden defensiveness that I can sense in his tone. "No, G, I'm serious. I want you to know that, even though you've seen a really shit side to me sometimes, I'm willing to try my best to change for the better. I want to take care of you, and-and help you through things, and I want to be the one you turn to when you need help or just someone to lean on. I want you to know that I'm really serious about all this, I'm not messing around, I promise. I'll do everything in my will-power to make sure you're always protected and happy. I promise." His silky tone and words send shivers down my spine, and I lightly bite my lower lip, looking up at his pleading eyes. Slowly, I trail a hand up to his face, cupping his cheek in it and trailing my thumb backwards and forwards against his soft skin. He leans into my touch, his cheek raising with a smile, and he sighs lightly, happily. This is a side of him that I'm more than willing to get to know a little better. Just seeing him so happy, so peaceful... it makes up for all the times he's been mad.

"You don't have to change for me, Reece. I've fallen for the you that you are now, not any other you. Everything about you is just the way it should be, and I'm willing to deal with every side of it. Although... it does feel very nice to hear that from you." I whisper, smiling slightly. Reece smiles back, looking around my face for a while before slowly leaning in and capturing my lips in his own, giving me a feeling as though my insides are melting. I'm very lucky.

"You want to go grab some coffee and breakfast?" Reece asks when we finally part, and I immediately grin in response, nodding very quickly. Reece laughs loudly, and starts untangling himself from his grip on me, slowly sitting up. I go to follow him, but I quickly let out a soft groan when I feel a slight pain stopping me from moving very far.

"You okay?" Reece hums lightly, coming around to my side of the bed. I blush lightly, looking away from his worried eyes.

"Yeah... just a little sore." I mumble. Reece lets out a soft chuckle before walking over to his side of the bedroom and grabbing a hoodie.

"Here, put this on, and I'll piggy-back you." He grins, and I almost let out an excited squeal. I pull on the hoodie, that smells a lot like Reece, and make grabby hands for Reece. He quickly obliges, pulling me onto his back, and letting me bury my face into his shoulder. I could get used to this.

sorry, it's short ksksks

still five chapters left though, a lot can happen in that amount of time ;)