14

~unedited~

"Georgieee!" My eyes snap open at the sound of Reece's voice, and I look up at him sleepily. His face looks blurry from my eyes, and I rub them with my fist, yawning lightly. I blush when I notice Reece's soft gaze as he stares at me, and suddenly he looks away and clears his throat. I slowly sit up, covering my bare chest with my blanket, as I watch Reece's flushed face with a confused look on my own.

"Uh, you good Reece?" I ask cautiously, my voice hoarse. That was a very good nap.

"Oh, right, yeah yeah, I just..." he trails off, clearing his throat again as he tries to stop looking so flushed. This boy is almost see-through, I know exactly what he's feeling all the time just by looking at his face. "You're shirtless."

I can't help but chuckle, suddenly letting the covers drop after a wave of confidence flushed through me. "Come on Bibby, I was having a nap, what do you expect?" I get up, ignoring his flustered state, despite being confused as to why he's flustered, and pulling a shirt on. "Besides, it's not like you've never seen a dude shirtless before." I continue nonchalantly.

"Anyways," Reece quickly intervenes, buffing his chest slightly in mock confidence. "I found you another date." A strong sense of dejà vu washes over me as my face drops, and I turn to look at Reece in confusion. He's grinning proudly, and I feel a pit of dread filling in my stomach.

"What are you on about?" I ask slowly, almost hesitantly. He rolls his eyes playfully, flopping down onto his bed, whilst I stay stationary in the middle of the room, pursing my lips harshly.

"There's this girl who does economics with me, she's super sweet and shy, totally your type. She said she's up for it and is free this Thursday, I could give her your number." Reece says excitedly from his place in his bed, his arms tucked behind his head. She. I sigh slightly and turn away from Reece, picking up a book of the floor so that I can avoid looking him in the eye.

"Well you can already go telling her that I'm not interested." I try my best to act nonchalant, as though I'm not in the slightest bit bothered by this, but in reality my chest is tightening in panic, my jaw tensing in discomfort. I continue to stand with my back to Reece, and when I finally decide that the boy has been silent for way too long, I turn around hesitantly, seeing the blonde boy sitting up on his bed with confused, angry eyes. We stare at each other for a few moments before Reece finally stands up, stalking towards me and crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"You wanna give me another goddamn excuse as to why you won't accept these dates, all of which I'm finding out of good will?" He seethes, and my eyes widen slightly. I take a hesitant step backwards but soon realise I'm pressed against my desk. "Cause this is becoming fucked up George. I was willing to try and be nice to you but honestly I don't know why I'm bothering. You're just as much of an asshole as I am!" He exclaims, his voice strained as he throws his hands up exasperatedly. My mouth gapes at his words, and I look at him with evident hurt in my eyes. I push him back softly with my hands to create some distance between us, making him stumble slightly.

"I have my reasons, okay! You don't have to know every goddamn detail of my life! And you have no right to call me an asshole." My voice breaks on the last word, much to my dismay, as tears cloud my vision.

"You're not seriously crying, as you? C'mon man, grow a pair!" Reece exclaims, and I gasp. I rush forwards and push his chest again lightly, just to prove a point, and I blink wildly to try and disperse my tears.

"Look, if you want to go back to hating me, go ahead! I just don't want to hear any insults, because I'm a normal human with normal feelings, so please excuse me if your words hurt me occasionally!" I cry out loudly, and Reece continues staring at me, hardly. We look at each other piercingly, neither of us separating our gazes, until finally Reece let's out a long, tired sigh, turning away from me to lace his hands into his hair, tugging lightly. I give him space to breathe in and out a few times, not daring to move as I watch the older boy try to calm himself down. Finally, he turns back around, and his whole face seems a lot more peaceful, making me let out a breath I hadn't even realised I was holding in.

"I don't understand you, George." He says quietly, making my eyebrows furrow.

"What-" I start, but he cuts me off quickly.

"Look, I'm doing my part here. I'm doing what I had agreed to do; I'm being nice, I'm not partying, I'm studying, and I'm finding pretty great dates! Why can't you just do your part of the deal, and go on the goddamn dates!?" He asks frustratedly, and I groan again, closing my eyes momentarily to contain myself.

"Reece, that was never a part of the deal, I never agreed to-" I try, but he quickly cuts me off again.

"No, but I thought it was a given! It's only logical that if I'm going out of my way to find you someone who's willing to go on a date with you, you should at least go on the date!" Reece exclaims, his voice raising, and I groan, rubbing my face frustratedly.

"Fine! Fine. You really wanna know?" I yell suddenly, making Reece raise his eyebrows at me.

"The reason I don't wanna go on a date with them is because I'm gay!"

dun dun dun