23

I silently swing my dorm room door open, slipping in with a content smile on my face. I hear the door click behind me, and I turn around, noticing the fairly lit room. My heart skips a beat when I suddenly see a figure standing beside Reece’s bed, soon realising it’s the dirty blonde male himself, an angry look on his face. I let out a breath of relief, but soon notice the tension in the room from Reece staring at me, and I swallow uncomfortably. I try walking forwards, but Reece quickly comes and stands in my path. I try and get past him but he continuously moves himself to block my path, making me huff out in annoyance.

“Let me pass, Reece.” I grumble, not daring to look into his eyes, that are dark with fury.

“Where were you?” He completely ignores me, the question skating out of his mouth quickly, leaving me confused.

“What? Why do you care?” I snap, trying to pass again, but this time his hand shoots out to grab my upper arm harshly. He’s waiting for my answer, and I almost don’t want to give it to him, but I feel fearful under his gaze.

“I was having dinner at Blake’s.” I mutter, and he finally drops his gaze, looking relieved. I stay standing in slight confusion. I watch as Reece’s eyes suddenly catch onto my jumper, and they widen slightly. I watch him step back slightly as he sucks in an inaudible breath. I watch his eyes scan over my body, trailing until he catches my eyes, and I see flashes of many different emotions in them.

Suddenly, I realise something. The jumper was on the floor in Reece and I’s room. It wasn’t Blake’s, it was Reece’s! How could I have been so stupid? The way Reece is looking at me, like an animal looking at it’s pray... he must be mad about it. We stay frozen, gazing at each other, as though afraid to make the first move. Time seems to maintain frozen, the atmosphere so thick and silent you could hear a pin drop.

“Reece.” I eventually whisper into the tense room, catching the older boy’s attention. “Reece, I’m s-“ I’m suddenly cut off by Reece rushing forwards and crashing our lips together, making a quick, surprised whimper escape mine. I stay frozen in shock as Reece’s hand grasps the back of my neck, his other one pressed against my lower back, my heartbeat going out of control. Finally, I close my eyes, breathing out softly through my nose. Reece moves his lips softly, his hand coming around to caress my cheek, and I feel like I’m on cloud nine, my heartbeat continuing to run wild.

Before long though, my mind suddenly processes what is going, and with as much willpower as I can muster, I pull away from Reece, pushing against his chest.

“Stop... stop, no.” Reece listens to my commands and quickly moves back, and at first I don’t meet his eyes. When I do, I’m surprised; surprised by the vulnerability in his, surprised by the fear.

“Reece, you can’t keep using me like that to fulfill your own needs. It’s not fair.” I say shakily, feeling frightened, but reassured when I realise I’m not the only one. Reece bites his lip and looks downwards, messing with his hair lightly. When he looks up, he has a layer of tears covering his eyes, and I feel my heart break slightly. My mouth falls agape as a soft tear slowly rolls down his cheek, and I have to resist going to wipe it off.

“I’m sorry George. You’re right. Fuck, you’re right.” He quickly turns around, letting out a sob and tugging on his hair. Suddenly, he lunges forwards, kicking his bedpost harshly.

“Reece!” I exclaim, this time to hesitating to rush forwards and gripping his arm softly. My heart breaks further when I see his conflicted state, the tears shinning in the soft light.

“Reece, we need to talk about this. I don’t know what’s going on but it’s scaring and confusing me.” I say softly, leading him to his bed and coaching him into sitting down on it, watching his defeated figure slump against the headboard, fresh tears continuously rolling down his cheeks. I sit in front of him, a sympathetic look on my face.

“Reece... why are you crying?” I ask softly, not wanting to set off some sort of alarm in his head. He doesn’t reply at first, but he eventually speaks, catching me by surprise.

“Cause I’m a dick. I continuously hurt you, which is the last thing I want to do and I just... I don’t know what’s wrong with me!” He cries, covering his face with his hands. I quickly lean forwards, not being able to help the tears that form in my own eyes, and I pull his hands away from his face.

“Hey, hey, Reece, deep breaths, you’re okay.” I whisper, holding his face as I sympathetically watch him trying to calm down. He gazes at my face for a few seconds, a sad, unbelieving smile forming on his own.

“You’re too good for this world George.” He murmurs, making me blush lightly in surprise. His gaze wanders down to my jumper, and he groans. “Fuck, ever since we kissed before Christmas, I’ve been trying to convince myself that I don’t like you, but seeing you here, looking all innocent in my jumper... hell, I couldn’t resist myself.” He sighs, wiping his wet eyes, and I just sit frozen in shock, my mouth falling slightly agape. Did he just say he likes me?

“Yes George, don’t look like that. It’s impossible to not fall in love with you.” He says, his voice cracking lightly as he tilts his head back, closing his eyes. “I know you might hate me even more now, but there’s nothing I can do about that.” He whimpers. I take a deep breath in, Reece’s eyes remaining shut as I lean forwards, my heart thumping as I finally place my lips on his softly. He inhales suddenly as my hand lands on his chest, holding myself up as my lips linger on top of his. Finally I pull away, but I stay close to Reece’s face, holding my breath nervously.

“What was- what- I-I...” He can’t form words as he finally builds up enough courage to meet my eyes, and I give him a soft grin.

“Reece, of course I fucking like you. In fact, I even realised I love you. I thought I’d made it obvious with my Christmas present.” I smile softly, my hand coming up to softly cup Reece’s cheek, causing him to lean into my palm, a content, relieved smile forming on his face. He suddenly reaches into his hoodie, pulling out the black leather necklace with the feather dangling from it, making me grin.

“I love it. It’s perfect.” He smiles softly. “I bought you something, but I don’t know if I have enough guts to give you it.” He breathes out nervously. I look at him with a mixture of confusion and curiosity. He gazes at me for a few more seconds before sighing, and he latches on to me before leaning over to grab something from the cupboard next to his bed. I squeal lightly, holding on to his frame so that I don’t fall, and Reece chuckles lightly. He sits back up again, and I sit up as well, realising I’m straddling his lap but not deciding to change the position. I watch his hands shake as he carefully undoes the tiny leather bag, gulping lightly.

“I bought this one day when I realised I wanted to tell you how I feel, but I chickened out.” He slowly hands me a small ring, engraved with black lines, and my breath hitches. “It’s a promise ring. I’ve never been in a relationship that’s lasted because of my anger issues; I’m too afraid that they’ll leave when they realise who the real me is. I didn’t want to just ask you out George, I wanted to make sure we lasted. I wanted to make sure you wouldn’t leave me like everyone else has... that’s my biggest fear. I’m sorry if it’s too much... I-I just wanted it to be special cause you mean so much to me-“ I quickly cut him off by lightly pecking his lips, a large smile forming on my own as I slip the ring onto my finger, it fitting perfectly.

“I love it Reece. And I love you.” I breathe out happily, loving how that sounds coming off my lips.

“I love you too George.” He laughs breathily, placing a kiss on my hand.

“So does this mean you’re my boyfriend now?” I say playfully, running my hand through his hair as I approach his lips, our breath mingling.

“Yes - well, as long as you’re willing to put up with all my shit.” He smirks.

“I’m more than willing to.” I say, before once again connecting our lips in a more hasty kiss, loving the feeling more than anything in the world.

here's the much requested update, 7am Tuesday.

a lot just happened...

most important question ; do you guys want smut? 🤪

up to you lol. warning : it won't be good, but i can try.

ok bye, have a nice day! x