4

Finally the day ends, and I make my way tiredly towards my dorm room, despite it being only 3pm. My legs ache as I go up the stairs, two by two, until finally reaching the room. I'm in desperate need for a shower, since I still smell of coffee from this morning, as Blake kindly reminded me when we ran into each other after Maths. And apart from that my stomach is still raw red from the scorching liquid, and it painfully rubs against my shirt every time I move.

The door opens after just one turn of the key, so I know Reece is probably in. My suspicions are correct when I see him lying against the headboard of his bed, his arms crossed behind his head and his head bopping along to the music playing through his earphones. My fists clench when I see him, feeling my anger bubble. I stalk up to him and rip his earphones out, making his eyes widen in surprise.

"Hey, what was that for?" He groans, trying to grab the earphones back, but I move away slightly, the large frown still adorning my face.

"You spilt coffee on me this morning." I hiss, watching Reece freeze in confusion. His eyes finally widen slightly and he hides his smirk.

"Oh, that was you?" He murmurs, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, it was me, you dick! I had to run back here to change and I arrived late to Maths! Apart from that, I spent the whole day smelling like coffee, and with awful burns on my stomach." I fume, poking his hard chest with my finger. He slowly stands up, towering over me slightly, which takes me aback a little in fright.

"What do you want me to do about it?" He growls, and I freeze, not having expected him to retaliate like this.

"W-Well the least you could do is apologise." I stammer, trying to build up my confidence again, but something about his dark, piercing eyes holds me back. I swallow tightly, watching Reece's jaw tighten.

"Fine, I'm sorry, is that what you wanted to hear?" He says through gritted teeth. My whole composure changes at his tone, and I take a small, fearful step back.

"Y-Yes." I mumble, before stepping back a few times and turning suddenly, making my way to leave the room, my heartbeat thumping.

"I'm going out." I squeak, not looking at him as I open the door.

"I don't care." Is the last thing he says before I shut the door behind me, swallowing tightly. I lean against the door, my eyes wide.

My hands shake as I think back at everything that just happened, and how much of a dick Reece was to me, but one thing stays on my mind; why don't I hate this guy?

***

"Hey, George, it's so good to see you again!" Blake exclaims as he comes and sits at the booth I'm in, a large grin on his face. I reciprocate it, giving Blake a short hug.

"Likewise. How was your first day?" I ask, raising my eyebrows at him. He leans back into his chair and looks up at the ceiling for a second, sighing loudly.

"It's tough mate. But it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. People were actually quite nice." He chuckles, stretching out in his seat. I smile and nod, agreeing with him.

"Yeah, I agree. It definitely wasn't too bad." I muse, sipping out of my alcohol free beer. Blake grimaces at my drink choice, glancing at it plainly.

"How can you like the taste of beer? It's so gross." He continues glaring at my drink, making me laugh.

"Try it." I say, pushing the glass towards him. I continue insisting, despite his obvious dislike of the drink, until eventually he gives up and takes a sip. I watch him attently as he grimaces until he finally speaks.

"Yep, still as gross as I remember." He cracks a grin when I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Anyways, how's the roommate?" He asks casually, drinking out of his own lemonade to rid himself of the beer flavour. I groan at the mention of 'roommate', Reece immediately popping into my head. Blake looks up with raised eyebrows at that, surprised by my reaction.

"Oh, roommate drama?" He says, laughing at my reaction.

"No- well, kinda." I decide to tell Blake about Reece, because you never know, maybe he could give me some advice.

"Look, he's basically this really arrogant dickhead. I've only known him a day and we're already basically enemies." I sigh, leaning my head against my hand.

"Wow, enemies? That's strong." Blake hums, gauging my expression.

"I know, but he's awfully rude to me, and he doesn't ever seem sorry about it." I says sadly, and Blake nods sympathetically.

"That's tough. What's his name?" Blake asks, sipping out of his drink again.

"Reece... something." I say, soon realising I don't know his surname.

"Reece Bibby?" Blake asks, his eyebrows raised.

"I-I don't know." I shrug.

"Is he like, tall, blonde hair, green eyes, scary looking, tattoos..." Blake trails off when I begin nodding, an image of Reece once again filling my mind.

"Yep, that's him." I grumble.

"Shit, that is pretty bad. He literally started yelling at the economics teacher, poor dude was terrified." Blake shakes his head, making me do the same. Another thought lingers in the back of my mind, and I decide to actually voice it.

"Hey Blake, well I haven't actually mentioned this before, but I'm actually gay." That's the most casual time I've ever come out. My eyes are wide as I await his reaction, seeing a small smile appear on his face.

"Oh no way, that's cool, I didn't actually see that coming. But it's cool with me, just so you know." Blake quickly says, making me smile and breathe out in relief.

"Okay, well that's actually relevant cause... well, I kinda find Reece really hot. And I'm sorta scared to talk to him. I think I have a crush on him."

hi this is cringe kskleksks