8

(not proofread - i feel so so sick, i can barely look at my phone)

I thought we had had a nice conversation last night; I thought maybe the ice was broken, we could talk a little more. But no. Foolishly, I tried to start a conversation on Sunday morning, but it just ended in him almost screaming at me.

Aparently, I'm a nosy freak, with no life and stupid hair.

If I had said I wasn't offended, then I would definitely be lying. I almost felt my heart break after the words left his mouth. I don't really know why his words affected me so badly, he's clearly only a dick who doesn't really care about what he says.

The Sunday afternoon air was fresh, cool, and I made my way down to the beach. I recall seeing a few nice looking restaurants there, so, after being kicked out of the room by Reece, I thought I'd get some lunch down by the beach, to clear my head. Blake had agreed to come with me, and he said he was gonna bring Coby and Sarah, so hopefully this was going to turn into a much nicer afternoon.

"George!" I jump when I hear my name being called, and I tear my eyes away from the turquoise water, the waves splashing and crashing against the sandy shore. Blake grins as the three of them aproach me, immediately pulling my in for a hug. I then hug Coby and Sarah, trying to not seem awkward.

"How are you guys doing?" I ask, stuffing my hands shyly into my pockets. The breeze rushes through my hair, making it blow sideways and I curse. Reece's comment from earlier; your hair is so fucking weird and stupid. I subconsciously run a hand quickly through my hair, feeling selfconcious. Is my hair really that awful?

"I'm great thanks. You didn't seem so great on the phone." Blake looks at my sympathetically, and I sigh.

"I'll explain what happened when we're sat down." I breathe out, and Blake nods, leading us towards a sea food restaurant that he claims is 'insane'. We sit at a table overlooking the sea, and I almost forget my troubles as I look over the beautiful ocean, the sky blending into it.

"Well?" I look back at the other three, who's eyes are all expectant and curious. I sigh, slumping down into my seat.

"Well, Reece and I got into another fight." I grumble.

"Wait, who's Reece?" Coby speaks up quickly, looking at me with furrowed eyebrows. I then realise that Coby and Sarah barely know anything about me or my situation, but Blake beat me to it.

"Okay, quick recap; George is gay as fuck-" He starts, and I quietly mumble 'I'm not that gay' but Blake shoots me down with a look. "-and he has a super mean roommate called Reece who's also apparently really hot. Oh, and George's in love with him." My eyebrows furrow, and I let out a small sound of protest.

"I-I'm not in love with him." I say defiently, but Blake just mouths to the other two 'he is', making me roll my eyes.

"I'm not!" I insist.

"Okay, fine, you're not, whatever. Just tell us what happened." Blake says impatiently, looking at me with wide eyes. I sigh, glancing out at the ocean once more.

"Fine. So he came back yesterday and he was super mad. I asked him what was wrong and he explained his situation, and before you ask, you nosy piece of shit-" I point towards Blake, "-I'm not going to tell you what's wrong with him because that's private business." Blake rolls his eyes with a small smile on his face.

"Anyways, he seemed quite chill after that, I gave him advice and he even thanked me, so I thought maybe we could be friends and stuff. Wrong. This morning, I tried starting up a conversation with him, and he got pissed! He started screaming at me, insulting my hair and calling me nosy, and then he kicked me out of the room." I recap with a pained look on my face. They all look at me with wide eyes.

"No way! That's so awful." Coby is the first to speak, his voice firm and shocked. Coby and Sarah were both in their third year of uni, and since Coby and Blake's parents are close, they decided to room together for Blake's first year.

"He's such a bitch." Blake grumbles, his eyes angry. Sarah is the last to speak, staying silent with a questioning gaze for a few moments.

"And... you like him?" She asks, her eyebrows furrowed in concern. I groan and roll my head back, because she's right; why do I like someone who treats me like a piece of meat? Someone who clearly doesn't care at all about my feelings?

"I-I don't know. I just... I always get nervous around him. I don't really understand it. But I do know that he's really, really attractive. Maybe I only like his physique. I mean, there no denying I like that, but there's not much else about his personality for me to like." I ramble slightly, my cheeks blushing a little. "But then... there are certain times when I think, maybe he isn't so bad after all. Maybe I just need to break his walls a little, and then he'll start being nicer to me. But then he shouts at me again and it's like a constant cycle." I huff out, finally finishing.

"Yeah, you like him." Sarah giggles, making me groan but laugh a little as well.

"Well, what am I supposed to do?" I ask desperately, looking between the three.

"Well first of all, stick up for yourself. You can't let this dude throw you around so much. You need to prove to him that you aren't weak, and that you have power." Blake says determinedly.

"But I am weak." I mumble with a pout, making Blake laugh slightly but try to keep his composure.

"Well you can't let him see that, okay? Next time he yells at you, yell back. Stand up for yourself. Will you do that?" Blake finishes, looking at me hardly. I slowly nod.

"Fine. I'll do it."