20

The outside world flashes by rapidly as we drive, my eyes flicking backwards and forwards quickly. I lean my head against the window, feeling the cold glass against my skin. We still had about an hour left of the journey home, but unfortunately the music playing in the background, that my dad was lightly tapping his fingers to, isn't able to distract me from what happened the other day. I haven't seen Reece since our kiss, and that was almost a week ago. I know he's been in our room, but he's never there at the same time as me.

"George, is everything alright? You've been awfully quiet, which is very unlike you." My dad brings up softly, glancing over at me. I sit up quickly and look over at him, faking a large smile.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, just a little stressed with... uh... all my school work. I have loads of stuff to do this break." This isn't a complete lie, I do have a lot to do, but this isn't what is occupying my head. My dad just nods, satisfied by my answer.

The jolly atmosphere of my house when we enter it wipes all the thoughts of Reece from my head, and my eyes light up when I see all the lights. I take my jacket off, along with my shoes, placing them by the door. I can hear the light chatter and Christmas music playing from the living room, where I assume everyone is, and my dad leads us towards there. Sudden cheers erupt when we enter, and my smile is as wide as the Cheshire cat's. Everyone comes around and gives me hugs, christmas greeting being thrown around and the sheer feeling of happiness overwhelming me.

Reece is nowhere in my thoughts right now.

***

I wake up on Christmas day to the sunlight shining through the curtain, my covers flown off slightly and goosebumps filling my skin. I lie there happily for a while, soaking in the idea of in being Christmas. Christmas always brings me so much happiness.

A soft knock sounds on my door, and I look over to see my mum standing there.

"Oh, you're awake! Merry Christmas, George." She enters the room and comes to place a kiss on my forehead, making me grin.

"Merry Christmas mum." I smile softly. She doesn't say anything for a few seconds, before sitting down softly on my bed and sighing.

"Dad mentioned that you seem kinda down. Is everything okay?" She asks softly. My breath hitches, and I chew on my lower lip nervously. Should I tell her? She doesn't pressure me to answer, but I sigh, knowing I should anyways.

"I'm just having some issues with this guy..." I trail off, wrapping my arms around my legs and pulling them into my chest.

"Ooh, has my baby got a boyfriend?" She teases, trying to ease the mood, and I giggle sadly, a light blush coating my cheeks.

"I mean... I really like him, and... and we, uh, kissed the other day, but he's been avoiding me ever since." My mum's face falls at my words, and she gives me a sympathetic look.

"I-It's really fine though. I don't really care. I'm silly for being so upset." I look away, down at my hand, but my mum quickly turns my head back.

"Don't be silly. This is important. I remember what it was like back then, I remember the feelings and moments. You have every right to be upset." Her words seem to ease my mind slightly, and for once I let out a genuine smile. "So, tell me about this guy."

My cheeks flush suddenly, and I try my very best to hold in the automatic smile that fills my face when I think of him.

"Well... he's my roommate. He's called Reece and he's... he's really cute. Like really cute. And he's very sweet and supportive, he always helps me when I need it and... I don't know, he's just really great. The thing is, I don't know if he actually likes me or not. Sometimes he'll do something, just a small action of some sort, and I feel like he honestly likes me, but then he walks out of these moments afterwards and I'm made aware that he doesn't like me." I take a deep breath after my words, closing my eyes momentarily. "I don't know mum."

"George," she breathes out, "you're in love." Her words catch me off guard, and I look up at her with wide eyes. She smiles softly at my stunned expression.

"George, you need to think this through carefully. From what I've heard... this sounds like love. If you don't think it's worth it, don't let it ruin you, but if you do, I think you should make a move. This 'Reece' guy just seems confused. He might not know how he's feeling or something like that." My mums words register in my mind, and I let out a deep breath. "For now, lets just focus on Christmas and family time. We all miss you." She slowly stands up, kissing my head lightly, and heads towards the door.

"Thanks mum. I'll be down in a minute." She grins and nods, before exiting and shutting the door. I let out a deep, incredulous breath, looking around the room in complete and utter confusion.

Everything my mum said is ringing in my head, and I bite my lower lip harshly, stuffing my hands into my hair and leaning against my palms in frustration.

In frustration because she's right. She's so damn right. She hit the nail on the head.

I'm in love with Reece.

short and boring ksks i'm sorry
love u all