6

it's still saturday where i am ;)

When Friday finally rolls around, I can't help feeling relieved. I sigh, throwing my books onto my bed and walking over to my closet, pulling my phone out of my pocket and dialling Blake's number. I balance my phone on the cold radiator after putting the call on speaker, concentrating on my clothes. After a few rings, Blake picks up, his voice raspy.

"Hello?" He says, and I give the phone a weird look, even though he can't see me.

"Blake, did you just wake up?" I ask, incredulously. It's 4pm.

"No- well, yes, but I just had like a twenty minute power nap." He says, and I stay quiet, knowing something else is coming. "Okay, fine, it was an hour and a half, but I'm tired, alright?" Blake grumbles, and I just chuckle. He always outs himself.

"Well, since you're rested out, you wanna go out tonight? Hit some pubs or something. I just wanna drink away my problems, to be honest." I groan, hearing Blake's reluctant laugh. I start shuffling through my clothes, pulling out different shirts and trousers.

"Fine, I'll come. Only because I'm your only friend and without me you'd be lonely and sad." I can hear Blake's smirk from through the phone, and it makes me roll my eyes. I start refolding a few items of clothing, stacking it all how it was before. There's a clear difference between my side of the room and Reece's; apparently, to him, cupboards mean nothing.

"Yeah, sure, you're my only friend." I mock.

"Bug off." Blake grumbles. I chuckle, finally picking out the perfect outfit.

"Cool, so shall we meet outside the entrance of the school at seven thirty?" I suggest, picking up my light phone.

"Yeah, that sounds good. See you then." Blake hums, before finally hanging up. I quickly change into my chosen outfit, waking over to the mirror to check how it looks. I do a few half turns before deciding it's fine, and then I make my way to my desk; I have three hours to kill, I might as well get some work done.

***

When seven pm finally rolls around, I find myself in front of the school once again, my hands tucked deep into my pockets. I grin as I approach Blake, fist bumping him.

"Hey bro, you look nice." Blake compliments as we begin walking, letting the cold air brush past us. I blush slightly, looking down at the ground.

"Why thank you, Blake. So do you." I smile widely, almost springing along next to the brunette. He gives me a questioning glance, confused by my energy.

"What are you so excited about?" He laughs.

"I don't know. I've just been cooped up in my dorm room and all the classrooms for ages, I'm ready for a break now." I sigh, seeing a nice looking pub coming up and pointing at it excitedly.

"Blake, lets go there first!" I exclaims, gripping the brunettes hand unexpectedly and pulling him along with me, quickening our pace.

I was ready for a long night.

***

My head was throbbing. I could barely open my eyes on Saturday morning, feeling confused, tired and in pain. I bury myself into the bedsheets, whimpering slightly when the light intensifies.

"George." A soft voice pulls me out of my daze, and I try to open my eyes, seeing blurry shapes in front of me. Finally, I regain enough of my vision to realise the person leaning over me is Adam, his hair flopping over his face as he looks down at me. He gives me a lopsided grin, despite the grimace I give him in return. I groan loudly, trying to roll over but every movement intensifies my headache.

"Little bit hungover are we?" Adam patronises, grinning slightly as he hold his hand out in front of me. I use it to carefully lift myself up, my movements slow and sluggish. I pull the blanket back, jumping slightly when Adam tosses me a shirt, and I then realise I'm shirtless. I pull it on as I stand up, barely able to keep my eyes open.

"What are you doing here?" I croak, before proceeding to clear my throat slightly. Adam leads me out of the room, not seeming entirely familiar with the place himself. I look around in confusion, not having a clue where I am.

"Blake called me up late night. You were hammered and he was fairly drunk, so he asked if I could drive you back here." Adam explains nonchalantly as we descend the stairs, each step earning a soft grunt from me as my head pounds.

"And where exactly is here?" I murmur, Adam looking back at me momentarily as we enter the kitchen, where three other people are.

"Blake's apartment." He mumbles back. I find Blake by the stove, chatting to another guy with dyed silver hair. He's tall and fairly built, his features soft. Next to him stands a shorter girl, with a pretty face. She's wearing black glasses that frame her face, and her hair is tied into two French plaits. They all look at me when I enter, Blake beginning to snicker.

"Sup George, hows the hangover treating you?" He calls over to me, making me grimace and roll my eyes.

"Awful. Do you have my medicine?" I mumble, walking over to Blake. He turns around and hands me a small pill and a glass of water, both seemingly ready already.

"Thanks." I say, downing them both quickly.

"George, this is my roommate, Coby, and his girlfriend Sarah." George smiles weakly at the two, who are looking at him with hidden smiles.

"Nice to meet you." Sarah says softly, leaning into Coby's side.

"You too. Sorry you have to see me like this, I'm not at my best right now." I chuckle dryly, but they just nod in understanding.

"You wanna spend the day with us?" Blake asks casually.

"Yeah, that sounds cool." I hum. I just hoped this damned headache would go away.

this is a boooring filler, but it's gonna get reallyyy good soon ;)