Chapter Fourteen

Ethan picked her up on a Saturday morning. He was taking her to his house for the first time. Ethan lived on the other side of the town, about a thirty minutes' drive from Tamara's. She liked that he was going out of his way to bring her into his world. That meant that their relationship was on a good track.

Their relationship was at a stage where they were awfully sweet to each other. He would call her around five times a day, just to tell her that he missed her and that he loved her. He made her days beautiful, and that made her fall even deeper for him. She hoped that their relationship would last until forever.

"Welcome to my humble abode," Ethan said, leading the way.

She walked to the window and drew the heavy burgundy drapes, leaving the inner lace curtains drawn. Daylight entered the house, but she was immediately attracted by the city view which was a blur behind the lace curtains.

"Wow! Your place is cool," she said. "Did you decorate this place yourself?"

Ethan blinked. "What do you think?"

"Um..." She walked to him and leaned on him. "I think you're amazing, but I don't think you did it yourself."

"Hey, and here I thought my girlfriend is my number one fan," he said. "Ethan, you're so pitiful."

"Okay," she said. "My boyfriend is the best. He is the best IT guy in town and the most artistic guy I have ever met. He..."

He smiled. "Fine. I admit it," he said. "This is the work of an interior decorator, but I agree with you. I'm the best IT guy in town."

She gave him a peck on the cheek. "You're the best."

She followed him to the kitchen. He stocked the refridgerator with the groceries they bought on their way to the house. She leaned against the table and looked around the kitchen. There was nothing she could do. Everything was clean and in its place.

"Do you need help?" she asked.

"No. Relax, babe. I didn't bring you here to turn you into my maid."

"There is nothing wrong with me helping," she said. "I don't want to feel useless around you."

He took two glasses from the cabinet and filled them with fresh orange juice, then gave one to her.

"You don't have to be careful around me or do anything. Just let me spoil you."

"Oh...then I will take you on your word," she said. "Don't regret it later."

"I won't," he said. "You're my princess. I won't ever get tired of serving you."

She smiled. "You really have a way with words," she said.

He blinked and put a hand at the small of her back as they walked to the living room. "What would you like us to do?"

"Do you have movies we can watch?"

"Yeah. We can select one from Netflix."

"Okay," she said, then put her juice on the table. She then turned the TV on and lay in Ethan's arms.

"Do you want to see my bedroom before we start?"

"What?" She glared at him. "Is that why you brought me here?"

Ethan almost broke into laughter but controlled himself.

"What do you mean?" he asked. "Is there something wrong with seeing my bedroom?" He paused and stared at her for a moment then pointed a finger at her. "What were you thinking?"

She swallowed hard. "Nothing," she said.

"Ha-ha-ha! But don't worry. I won't do anything without your consent."

Her jaw dropped. "Huh?"

"Forget it," he said.

They selected a movie and watched as they cuddled on the sofa. At lunchtime, Liz offered to cook but Ethan thought it would be better if they cooked together.

Liz prepared the ingredients while Ethan cooked.

"By the way, I think it is about time you meet my friend," Liz said. "We should all go out for dinner sometime so that you two can get to know each other."

"You're right," he said. "I also want to meet her."

"Fine, then I will talk to her and make arrangements," she said. "Wow, the food's aroma is so sweet. I can't wait to taste it."

Ethan hugged her from behind. "Just a little patience, Babe," he said. "But don't be too excited. What if it turns out to be not as good as it smells?"

Liz took his hands in hers. "Anything prepared by the hands of the one I love must be sweet," she said.

"You believe in me that much?"

She nodded. "Umm..."

Minutes later, the food was served.

"How does it taste?" Ethan asked.

Liz took her first bite then blinked and made her thumb and index finger touch with her hand up in the air. "Oh, delicious," she said. "You really are a good cook."

Ethan smiled. "Come here whenever you want. I will be your personal chef."

"Such a tempting offer," Liz said. "It would be a waste if I don't accept it."

"Cooking is my second love after IT."

Liz furrowed her brow. "Are you for real? What about me?"

***