Chapter Thirty

"It will be long before we get to the front," Aidan said as he stood behind the last person in the line. "After I'm served in this queue I'll have to queue from the back in the next line."

"I told you, bro," Liz said. "University admission is hectic. I'll go and line up in the next queue so you won't have to go to the back after you finish with this queue." Just as she was walking away from them, her father's phone rang.

"What does Harry want?" Liz's father said, making her stop in her tracks and turned towards him.

"Harry," Mr. Lukorito said, with his phone held over his left ear.

"Dad, have you arrived at the university?" Harry asked.

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"I came earlier and stood in the queue," he said. "I'm almost at the front. Tell Aidan to come over so that I can go and queue in the next line."

"This child is so thoughtful," he said then looked at Aidan. "Daddy, go to the front and find Harry. He came early and queued for you."

A smile curled on Aidan's lips. "Is that true dad?"

"Yes, son. Go and find him."

"Okay, dad," Aidan said and left.

"Harry is a very wonderful child," Liz's mother said. "We're lucky to have him with us."

Hearing that, Liz continued to the next line. It angered her that Harry was gaining more points with her family members every day.

With Harry's help, the admission process was quite fast. They said goodbye to Aidan in the evening and left the university.

---

The following day when Liz got out of their office building, she saw a familiar face. He was leaning against a Subaru Forester. He kept looking at his watch from time to time.

Liz furrowed her brow. "Damn! How did he know where I work? I won't let him see me. I'll go back inside and hide until he goes away." She turned and started walking away.

She stopped and looked over her shoulder for a moment then continued forward. "Wow! Where did he get the money to buy that car? Is he rich and nobody knows about it?" She waved her hand in the air. "Forget it! He must have taken a car loan."

"Liz!"

She frowned. "Damn it!" she said. "How come he knows that it is me from my back view?"

She relaxed her face muscles and turned, feigning a smile. "Harry," she said, then walked towards him. "Harry, what are you doing here?"

"I came to pick you up," he said.

"Why? I didn't ask you to do so."

"You don't have to."

She looked him in the eye. "Tell me how you knew where I work," she said. "Are you stalking me or did my parents tell you?"

"How I knew doesn't matter," he said. "What matters is that I found you."

She crossed her hands over her chest and paced around him then stared at him. "Yes, you did," she said. "But I'm not going anywhere with you. You don't have the right to do that. You're not my boyfriend."

He reached for her hand but Liz shoved his hand away.

"Babe," Ethan said. "Who's this?"

She smiled. "Babe, you're here." She clung on his hand. "This is my friend, Harry. And Harry, this is my boyfriend, Ethan."