Chapter Fifteen

"You're my ultimate love. I can give up everything for you," he said.

"Even IT?"

"Yeah, even IT," he said. "But what will we eat if I do that?"

"Ha-ha, you're so sweet," Liz said. "I won't ask you to give up on your career. I can't do that to you. It is enough that you love me."

He reached for her hand and looked her in the eye. "I really love you, Liz," he said. "I'm serious."

"I know," she said. "And I love you too."

After lunch, they watched a serial and lost track of time.

"What time is it?" Liz asked when she realized that it was dark outside.

Ethan looked at the screen of his phone. "Ten minutes past eight."

"What?" Liz got to her feet. "I have to go."

"Why do you have to go back?" he asked. "Just stay and watch until we finish the first season. We still have ten episodes remaining."

"I want to complete it too but I can't," she said. "Look, just take me back home then you can come back and continue watching."

Ethan dropped on his back. "It will be boring without you." He held her hand and shook it from side to side. "Please stay. I will order some take out then we can watch it to the end together. Pretty plea...se." He fluttered his eyelids.

"But what will I don't have another set of clothes," she said. "What will I wear tomorrow when I go back home?"

He got to his feet. "You don't have to be worried about that," he said. "Come with me. I will show you something."

He led her to the bedroom. "What does it have to do with clothes?" she asked.

"Just follow me. You'll see."

She followed him to the walk-in closet.

"All these clothes are in my size," she said looking at each one of them. "When did you buy them?"

"A few days after you officially became my girlfriend."

"Oh, I thought they belong to one of your ex-girlfriends."

"Of course, not. You're the only girl who got access to my house," he said. "I never brought any of my girlfriends to this house."

"Don't flatter me, Ethan. I won't be mad if you tell the truth."

He looked her in the eye. "It's true," he said. "You're the only girl I have been this serious with."

Is he trying to tell me that he used to be a playboy before he met me? She thought.

"Fine. Let's go back and continue watching," she said. "The storyline is captivating. I really want to know what happens next."

Ethan smiled. "That's more like it, let's go."

---

Liz turned and touched something hard. She wondered what it was. So she touched it again without opening her eyes.

She suddenly opened her eyes and sat up. "Why am I sleeping next to him?"

He rolled to his side and opened his eyes then yawned. "Why are you up?" he asked then tapped on his phone. "It's still early."

"Ethan, why am I in your bed?"

"Don't tell me you have forgotten what happened?"

Liz frowned. "What am I supposed to remember?" she asked. "Did something happen between us?"

"Yeah, everything that was supposed to happen, happened," he said.

Liz gasped. Her eyes almost popped out of her sockets.

"Ha, just kidding," he said. "You fell asleep when we were watching the serial. So I brought you to my bed so that you could sleep comfortably."

Liz sighed and started getting out of bed. Then she looked at her crumbled dress that was high up her thighs. She shot him a glare.

"What are you looking at?" she asked.

Ethan tutted and looked away. She let her dress down and covered her thighs.

"Where are you going?" Ethan asked.

"To dress up and go home, of course."

He held her hand and pulled her towards him. She fell on his bare chest. "Why are you in a hurry to go?" he asked. "Let's relax for a while. I will take you back home after breakfast. Come, I won't do anything to you without your consent. I just want to hold you."

Liz sighed and relaxed, with her head on the human pillow.

"Are you comfortable?"

Liz nodded. Ethan saw her blush and smiled.

He drove her back home after breakfast as he had promised.

Some days later, Liz arranged for her, Tamara and Ethan to have a meal together at a restaurant in town. Liz also wanted Dylan to come along but Tamara said that he couldn't come because he was busy.

The meeting was successful as Ethan and Tamara clicked right from the start and that made Liz happy.

***