Chapter Seventeen

"I'm back!" Liz said when she entered the house. Tamara was not in the living room. So she went to look for her in her bedroom. She found her pacing around the room with her mobile phone in her hand. Liz stood at the door and stared at her for a moment.

"Are you trying to call someone?" Liz asked dropping on her bed.

Tamara touched her face. "Oh, you are back. How long have you been here?"

"Not very long," she said. "Why are you agitated? Did something happen?"

Tamara smirked. "Of course not. What could possibly happen? Nothing happened."

Liz shook her head. "You're so weird today."

"Ha...It's nothing, I swear," Tamara said. "You're over-thinking."

Liz narrowed her eye at her. "Are you sure?"

Tamara sat beside her and held her hand. "I'm okay, seriously."

"Fine. I believe you," Liz said. "Tomorrow Ethan and I are going biking in the mountains. Would you like to join us?"

"Do you already know how to ride a bicycle?" Tamara asked.

"Yeah. Ethan has been teaching me in the past few weeks," Liz said. "I can now ride steadily."

"Wow, that's good," Tamara said. "But I'm afraid I can't join you tomorrow because I don't want to be the third wheel. Tomorrow is your day with Ethan. He is leaving the country the day after tomorrow. You should spend the remaining time with him without me getting in the way."

Liz's brow wrinkled. "Who said you will get in the way? Just come with us. It will be fun."

Tamara sighed. "Don't insist," she said. "Tomorrow is my gift to you. Enjoy it with the one you love. I don't want you to have any regrets."

"But..."

Tamara put a finger on her lips. "Shhh...Don't say anything," she said. "It's settled. Tomorrow you're going to play with Ethan and am not coming along. Period."

"Okay."

"Good," Tamara said then got to her feet. "I'm in the mood of pizza. Let's order some."

Liz nodded. "Yeah. I want pizza too."

They went to the living room together. Tamara ordered pizza online then they watched TV as they waited for it to be delivered.

---

The following day in the morning, Liz passed by Tamara's room on her way out.

"You're still sleeping," she said, staring at her. She took Tamara's notebook and a pen from her dressing table and scribbled something then tore the paper and stuck it on her mirror. "Goodbye, sleepy head," she said then left.

Tamara jumped out of her bed the moment she heard the front door banging after Liz's exit. She looked at Liz's note.

Hey Sunshine,

Breakfast is in the kitchen. Enjoy it.

Have a great day.

Love you,

Liz.

Tamara smiled. "Love you too," she said.

She went to the bathroom, brushed her teeth and washed her face then picked her phone and went to the kitchen.

She poured herself tea then sat down and thumbed on her phone.

What happened to you, Dylan? She thought. It's been three days already. Why aren't you answering my calls?