Chapter Twenty-Two

"Wow! This place is magnificent!" Liz said as they drove through the alley leading to the hotel front. "It is perfect for a destination wedding."

"You haven't seen the whole of it yet," Ethan said.

"If you start falling in love with it at the entrance, then it is a marvelous place," she said, looking through the window. "Look, is that a giraffe...oh, there are also antelopes..."

"Yeah, since the hotel is situated near a protected area, many giraffes, zebras, and antelopes have found a home here."

"Do you also have lions and cheetahs here?"

"No, we only have giraffes, antelopes, and zebras," he said. "Lions and cheetahs are in the national park nearby."

"Oh." She touched her chin and continued looking outside. She saw someone riding a horse on the far end of the hotel's compound. "You also have horses?" she asked.

"Yeah. Do you know how to ride a horse?"

"No. I have never come close to a horse, let alone riding it."

"Well, then I will teach you horseback riding one of these fine days."

Her face lit up with a smile. "Are you serious?"

"I can't joke about something as serious as that," he said, driving into the parking lot.

"Keziah Castle," she said the hotel's name as she got out of the car. It was a castle, like one of those European medieval castles. "This is the first time I have come close to a castle. It is beautiful. I would love to get married here."

Ethan liked seeing her that way; so happy and bubbly. He leaned against the car. "And you will if you accept to marry me," he said.

Liz, who was caught up in the beauty of the place turned and looked at him. "Are you for real?" she asked. "Are you proposing to me right now?"

"Yeah," he said. "Although I do not have a ring, I would like to know if you will accept to be by my side forever. Well, despite all the challenges that will be thrown our way..."

She walked to him and held his hand then looked into his eyes. "Ethan, I will never let go of this hand unless you let go of mine first," she said. "I love you, Ethan. I will be with you all the way, no matter what happens."

He pushed a strand of hair that was in her face with his finger and stuck it behind her ear. "I love you too, Liz," he said. "I promise never to let go of you. I will fight for you to the end and will never let anybody come between us."

"Aww, that's sweet."

He cupped her face in her hands and looked into her eyes. "I meant every word I said."

She smiled. "I know."

He laced his fingers with hers. "Okay. Let us get inside. Dad is waiting for us," he said.

"Of course."

As they walked to his father's office they were respectfully greeted by the hotel employees they met along the way.

"Dad," Ethan said when he entered the office.

"Son, you are here," he said and got to his feet. He walked towards him and hugged him.

"How are you doing Dad?" he asked when they pulled away from each other's arms.

He slapped him lightly on the shoulder. "I'm good, Son," he said. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, Dad."

Liz was watching them. She smiled. This father and son do have a great relationship, she thought.

"And this is..." his father said, looking at Liz.

"Oh," Ethan stepped back and grabbed Liz's hand. "Dad, I want you to meet my girlfriend, Liz."

Liz smiled. "How are you, Sir?" she said. She hoped that his father would accommodate her. Going through another rejection on the same day would make her sad.

"I'm fine, and you?"

"I'm fine, too, thanks."

"Liz, what would you like to have? Tea? Coffee?" Philip asked when they were seated.

She hesitated for a second. Ethan smiled at her. "Coffee is okay," she said.

"Okay," Philip said and called his secretary.

The secretary came in minutes later and served them coffee.

"Emma," Philip said as she turned to leave the office.

She turned towards him. "Yes, Sir."

"Tell Tyson to come to my office."

"Right away, Sir," she said then left.

"So Liz, how long have you two been together?" he asked then sipped his coffee.

"We've been together for almost three years, sir."

"Hmmm...three years...but Ethan was abroad for two years, does that count?"

"Yes. We met some months before he left the country."

"Hmmm...Then that's great. I'm happy to see my son happy."

She blushed. Ethan smiled softly brushed his hand against hers.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in," Philip said.

"Dad..." Tyson started then stopped when he saw Ethan. "Ethan, is that you?"

"No. It is his twin?" Ethan said then got to his feet and walked towards him. "Come here, Bro." They hugged.

"How are you?" Ethan asked.

"I'm cool," he said then walked towards Liz. "Liz, right?"

"Yeah, Liz," she said and got to her feet.

He caught her off-guard when he hugged her. She did not know how to respond. She just let her hands hang on her sides.

"You are beautiful," Tyson said, staring at her. "Just like Ethan said."

She looked at Ethan and smiled.

"My name is Ty, Ethan's little brother," he said.

"Pleasure to meet you, Ty."

"The pleasure is all mine." Ty smiled then walked to Ethan, who was now seated down. He sat between Liz and Ethan.

Philip, who had just been watching them quietly, smiled. "Tyson, Ethan has finally brought a girl home. When are you going to bring your girlfriend?"

"In due time, Dad," he said. "In due time."

"Okay," Philip said then looked at Liz. "Liz, welcome to the family."

"Thanks, Sir," she said.

"Hey, don't call me sir anymore."

Liz furrowed her brows. "Then what do I call you?"

"What else? Dad," Philip said. "You're now part of this family. No need for formalities."

Liz smiled. "Okay, Sir...oh, dad."

"That is more like it," Philip said "The two of you have my full support. Don't let anybody intimidate you."

"Thanks, Dad," Ethan and Liz said in unison.

***