9.

"We shouldn't infiltrate if you both are feeling under the weather." Naruto pouted and Gaara only shook his head.

"No, you and Shikamaru are burning up, literally. You both are bed ridden. If you both are up for it we can do it tomorrow." Shikamaru groaned and and rolled over. He brought Naruto to his chest.

"I don't think you both should be in the same bed, especially if you both are sick." Shikamaru grunted.

"I'm not having you separate us, if we can't infiltrate we are going to be in the same bed." Gaara sighed and nodded.

"Fine, I suppose I shouldn't. Try and rest I'll be back in later." Naruto moaned and Shikamaru hummed as Gaara closed the door.

Despite their weak protest the duo were extremely hot. The fan was blowing, and they lose only in their underwear with a small blanket covering the two. Shikamaru placed his hair in a bun along with Naruto's.

"How are you feeling?" Shikamaru asked and Naruto clicked his teeth.

"Like Kurama is oven roasting me with his fire." Shikamaru chuckled and Kurama snorted

"I'm no better Kit."

"It's your fault, why couldn't I die before Shikamaru's 17th birthday."

"Because then you couldn't grow old and have kits with him."

"You better be lucky I love him enough to endure this because if I didn't I'd off the both of us."

"Oh how lucky."

"I don't like this. Shika." Naruto groaned covering his body on Shikamaru's. Shikamaru just nodded and wrapping his arms around him.

"Do you want to soak in a tub?" Naruto nodded and withdrew himself to run the water, and Shikamaru sighed, he loved Naruto but Kami Naruto laying on him made him infinitely hotter.

"Just shows you love him so much." Matsu Said and Shikamaru groaned.

"I do love that red head. Can't wait to have children with him."

"Shikamaru waters is done, I'm heading in." Naruto spoke his voice softer since he felt so hot. Shikamaru pulled himself from the bed and took off those soaked filled sheets to see Gaara walk back in with with food and water and Shikamaru turned around.

"I'm sorry can you bring us a new sheet that's not soaked." Gaara nodded.

"Head in, Naruto is waiting. I'll fix the bed." Shikamaru smiled at Gaara.

"Thanks. Food you can put anywhere." Shikamaru walked in the bathroom seeing Naruto rest his head against the cold tub, Shikamaru slid in and washed Naruto, washing the sweat out of his hair before doing it to himself.

"I hate you Kurama." Naruto Said out loud and Shikamaru chuckled while Kurama rolled his eyes.

"It's alright, you're okay." Shikamaru calmed and Naruto hummed.

"I'm alright, just feel like I'm being heated alive." Shikamaru kissed the forehead pulled his mate out of the tub and put some underwear on him, before pulling him into the room, feeding him the soup Gaara made for them before laying back down, Naruto going into a heated sleep.

Shikamaru sighed and kissed Naruto. This better be worth it.

Three hours later, the sun set and the sick duo was sleeping. Shikamaru shot up in pain, his chakra was changing, his breathing getting labored and he didn't want to wake Naruto up.

"Shit Matsu. The fuck?"

"Sorry Shikamaru, I'm trying."

Shikamaru covered his mouth because the he was going to scream, this pain was too great but he didn't have to worry about Naruto.