19.

The war had ended, with no casualties. The demons were loved among the world, and it was a perfect fight. Is what I want to say, but war is war. There is no story that war doesn't scar you, it does, and it scared the demons.

Despite the help from the sage of sixth paths, they army overwhelmed the demons, and since they battled in the middle of the villages, the other Shinobi had to get involved, involving a lot more deaths than planned for.

It would seem that the leaf village is without a Kage, as well as Kumo. A lot of elite ninja died. Asuma, Genma, and Kurenai. Gaara took it upon himself to adopt their baby girl.

Then mothers died, Gaara's and Shikamaru's. The way Gaara cried over his mothers body is an image that would never leave his head, but it didn't compare. It didn't compare to Naruto loosing Kurama.

Kurama unfortunately lost his life on the battle field, and since he made Naruto a demon, his power was split, meaning he couldn't come back in the seven years that he usually would've been able to do.

Naruto didn't cry on the field, but after defeating everybody and the cheers from the Shinobi and the dispersing of all the Shinobi, Naruto and Matsu cried, considering, Matsu had discovered he was pregnant with Kurama's kids.

War was never a good thing, and the demons made sure that the world never fell like that again.

And they did.

5 Year Time Skip.

Naruto sat in the Hokage chair, it was weird. He always had a dream of being Kage and didn't think he would actually be one. He had a hand on his belly as he rubbed it, if his child was a boy, he would most definitely name it Kurama.

Shikamaru was Naruto advisor, he needed to keep an eye on his wife, five years has passed but any little thing would cause Naruto to cry about Kurama, he was his parent. Naruto loved Kurama like a father. That was his parent to him.

Gaara became the Kazekage, he reformed the sand, changed their thinking and moved it to the peace it so desperately needed. Shukaku obviously followed his mate back with their one year old child, on his shoulders along with Mira Kurenai's five year old daughter.

Everywhere Matsu looked around the leaf village he saw reminders of Kurama, of his face of that smile and he left, he sends Naruto and Shikamaru letters and tells them about his Child Miyah. She was three and loving the world.

"You are thinking too loud, how are you." Naruto turned around and looked at Shikamaru, he had tears down his face and Shikamaru nodded.

"Come on, let's take an early day." Naruto stood and left a clone working. He stood with his hand held out and spoke.

"This is the last time, I loved Kurama like the parents I never had, from this day forward I will remember that Kurama died for peace, for the sake of the world peace." Naruto dried his tears and sighed.

"This is what we worked for, and I have to honor him. Let's go home." Naruto said and Shikamaru nodded, taking Naruto's hand and leaving the building.

Lives were lost, and the road to peace wasn't easy, but they did it, and they were going to start their lives. Missing a few people but the lives were calm.

Finally as the demons envisioned.

~