17.

"Can we just have a personal day? I don't think we've had a day just to ourselves." Naruto said softly, speaking to Shikamaru. Gaara and Shikaku built a house right next door along with Kurama and Matsu. Gaara's mother and Shikamaru's mother lives in the new Nara clan. They were peaceful at the moment, there was nothing from the Zetsu's nor Kaguya.

"Yes please, being a Chunin while trying to save the world. It's exhausting." Naruto smiled and rolled over to look at the face of his mate, his husband.

"Shikamaru." Naruto whispered and Shikamaru opened his eyes to see those blue staring at him lovingly. He couldn't believe him and Naruto had lived in the same village and they had just met each other, they would've been together longer.

"Yes Naruto." Naruto just hummed and pulled Shikamaru's face to his, he was feeling quite needy and Shikamaru was the cure. Shikamaru kissed him back and Naruto did something that made Shikamaru blush.

He gave a satisfied purr, different from his usual purrs and he felt like this love making will be different from the last, because quite frankly, Naruto was feeling different.

"Naruto, you should.....Mhm." Shikamaru found himself on his back with Naruto on top of him, he wrapped his arms around the waist of Naruto as Naruto continued kissing Shikamaru.

"You should stop, Naruto." Naruto frowned from above and bit his lip. Shikamaru, watched as his usually bold lover seemed shy.

"Do you not want to?" Naruto asked, he was feeling unnaturally raw, and open. He and Shikamaru had done this plenty of times before but it felt different today.

"That's not it, I always want you." Naruto got off of Shikamaru and sat on the bed, he didn't like the way he felt at all. He felt Shikamaru sit up with him and brought Naruto to him.

"What's wrong? What are you feeling?" Shikamaru asked and Naruto didn't know what he was feeling, just that he wanted Shikamaru more than he's ever wanted anything in his life. His mind was processing things faster than normal, and what made him stiffen slightly was something he didn't even take it into account.

Some genius he was.

Naruto was in heat, he was a submissive demon and it made perfect sense. The purr he just gave to seduce Shikamaru and his sense of urgency, usually Shikamaru is in charge and it just goes to show that Naruto's body was telling him it's time to settle down, it's time for children with the one he is destined to be with and that is Shikamaru

"It's nothing. Want to cuddle I'm sorry." Naruto looked up and Shikamaru nodded but he wondered what that was. Naruto was always honest with him. Shikamaru laid back down and Naruto did the same, resting right were Shikamaru's mating mark was and he sighed.

"Shikamaru I love you so much." Shikamaru brought Naruto to him, kissing that long red hair.

"I love you too." Naruto exhaled, this was his first day on his heat which means it will only get worst as the week progresses.

Everybody had to agree.

By the fifth day Naruto didn't crawl out of bed, he didn't let anybody but Gaara and Shikamaru touch him, Shikamaru was at his wits ends and Gaara just stayed snuggled up to Naruto.

"Did you tell him?" Gaara asked calmly and Naruto shook his head no.

"I know I should, but what if he gets mad because we can't have kids now, not while we're saving the world." Naruto said and Gaara hummed.

"I think you should have more faith in your husband Naruto. He's asking Kurama what is wrong right now." Naruto nodded and the door opened, Shikamaru ran a hand over Naruto's face and cheek, frowning when the fever sky rocketed.