Chapter 4

Previously on Chapter 3

"Woah... You have a Mew as a Mom? That's so cool!!" Bonny said. I just giggle at her. We start to talk more. We laugh here and there.

So this is how it's like to have friends...

-Pokemon is My Family-

Y/N P.O.V

After hearing my story... They still can't believe that I have Mew with me. I mean... Who could blame them? It's not everyday you run into a person with a Mew and claim to be raised by one.

"What does it feels like?" Serena ask me. "What feels like?" I question, confused on what she is asking me about. "Being taken care of by Mew" she said. "Oh... Just like having a real Mom... I guess..." I said. I really don't know how to give her an answer. I was so young that time... And I don't really know what Mother love feels like.

"I'm sleepy..." I heard Mew said. I turn my head to look at her. I outstretch my arms. "Come here..." I said. She flies towards me and curl up in my arms... Instantly fall asleep.

"Mew normally acts like a human kid... So it's quite a shock to hear they took care of a human kid..." Clemont said, looking at me. I shrug my shoulders "I didn't know about that... All I know is that Mew has been there for me since the day I woke up in that hill... And she's being like a real Mother towards me... I don't even know what parental love is... They abandoned me when I was still 5 years old..." I said, as I look down.

I feel a hand on my cheek, wiping away the tear that slips down. I turn my head to see Ash. He looks at me with a concern expression. "I don't know what it's like to be abandoned... But I know... No one deserves to be treated that way. I'm so sorry that you have to go through that, Y/N..." He said. I smile sadly at him. Then I start to cry more. Which makes Mew wakes up in alert.

Ash P.O.V

Mew suddenly wakes up. She looks at Y/N who is currently crying harder, then at us... More specifically at me. "Mew! Meeew!" She starts to make more noises. I swear-dropped. "I think she's asking why Y/N-Chan is crying...." Bonnie said.

I raise my hands in surrender manner. "I-I s-swear... I didn't mean to... I..." I stammer. She glares at me and shock me with electric. I let out a yelp, when the shock wave hits me.

Y/N P.O.V

I look up to see Mew is shocking Ash. My eyes widened. I quickly get up and stand in between Mew and Ash. Mew instantly stops shocking Ash and looks at me. "Why did you stop me? Move... I need to teach him a lesson..." She said. I shake my head. "no! Mew... stop it! He didn't do anything... He's just expressing his sorrow for me... For what I've been through..." I said. She calms down and fly towards me. I hug her softly.

She pulls away and I turn to look at Ash. I sigh and kneel down next to him. "Sorry..." I said. I held out my hand for him to grab. He did and I pull him up to his feet. "It's okay... Pikachu did that to me a lot..." He said. Then he turns to Mew. "I'm sorry... I really didn't mean to make Y/N-Chan cry..." He said, bowing slightly. Mew just give him a smile.

"Remind me one thing though..." I heard Clemont said. I turn to him. "What?" I asks. He looks a bit nervous. He gulps, looking at me. "P-Please remind me not to make you upset... M-Mew is really scary when she's angry... It's r-really clear that she cares so much about you" he said. The others nod their heads at me. I giggle as Mew land on my shoulder. "Indeed she is..." I said, softly as Mew nuzzle her head into my cheek.

Then I heard a scream. I turn my head to that direction. "Did you guys hear that?" I question. "Yeah... Loud and clear..." Ash said. "Let's go!" I said and start running. "H-Hey! Wait up!!" I heard them yell. I didn't stop and continue to run. No time to lose. A Pokemon is in trouble and I HAVE to help them.

I stop near an edge of a hill. I can see Pokemon being thrown inside a cage. The rest caught up with me. "Who's doing all this?" I ask myself. I clench my hands into a tight fist.

"Team Rocket..." I heard Ash said. "Who?" I question, turning to look at him. He turns his head to look at me.  "They always come at us... Trying to steal Pikachu..." He said. I let out a growl. "I won't forgive them..." I said, glaring at them.

"Mew stay here... I don't want those people to see you... You'll be their target as well... Which is the last thing I want..." I said as I move to stand up and jump down the hill. Mew didn't just give me the ability to speak with Pokemon. She also gives me the ability to fight. An ability to control elements.

"Hey!! Are you out of your mind?!" She yells after me. But I just ignore her. There's no time for an argument. Those Pokemon needs help.

I will the air to slow my falling. I land perfectly on my feet. The people trapping the Pokemon turns to look at me in alert. "D-Did you just... Jump down the hill??" A guy with violet hair. I just glare at them. "Let those Pokemon go..." I said.

The others finally caught up with me. "Geez... How are you able to do that?" Ash said, seems like he's out of breath. I turn to him and shrug.

Then Mew fly towards me. "Mew! I told you not to follow me" I said. "I can't possibly let you fight on your own..." She said, crossing her arms. I sigh and turn my attention back to the opponent, to see they are staring at Mew eyes wide.

"A Mew!!" Meowth exclaim. "I'll fight you for it! If I lose... These Pokemon are free to go. If I win... Mew belongs to me!" The guy said. I just glare at him.

"You're what they call heart of stone. You don't care about others but yourselves! If you think of Pokemon as a toy... I won't forgive you..." I growl.

"Why do you care about Pokemon anyways?" A girl with long pink hair said. I turn to her with a more angry look. "Because to me... They are my family... They've always been there for  me when my real parents abandoned me!" I said. They gasps in shock.

"So you're that kid... I've heard rumours about a kid being lost and the Pokemon took her in... Is it true that you're able to talk to Pokemon?" Meowth said. "That's none of your goddamn business..." I spat.

Then...

*to be continued*