Chapter 12

Previously on Chapter 11

"Shh... Don't cry... It's okay... Everything is going to be okay... I'm right here... Whatever your dream was earlier. Just remember that I will ALWAYS protect you... okay? You don't have to worry about anything..." I said. I feel her nod "okay... Thank you, Ash..." She said. Then I hear a soft snore. I pull away to see her sound asleep. I smile and kiss her forehead. I just stare at her sleeping form. Now I know what I'm feeling for her.

I'm in love with Y/N...

-Spending Time with Ash-

Y/N P.O.V

I woke up the next day. I move to get up, but there's something stopping me. I look down to see a pair of arms around my waist and a chest is pressed on my back. I turn my head to see a sleeping Ash. I blush deep red 'how did he end up holding me?' I thought to myself.

I turn in his arms, trying to be quiet not to wake him up. I just lay there as I watch him sleep. I might look like a creep right now, but I couldn't help it.

His eyes fluttering slightly. I hurriedly lean my head on his chest, afraid that he might caught me staring.

Ash P.O.V

I feel movement in my arms. So I open my eyes slowly. I look down as Y/N is leaning on my chest. I chuckle softly as I feel her heartbeat against my hands, which is on her back.

"I know you're not sleeping..." I said. She pulls away from my chest and look away from me. I can see her red cheeks. "Um... Do you mind?" She said, gesturing my arms... Which is still around her. But instead of pulling away, I pull her closer. Her cheeks turning even more red. She looks at me in surprise. "A-Ash... W-What are y-you doing?" She stutter out. I just bury my face in her hair. "You're warm..." I said.

Y/N P.O.V

"A-Ash..." I said. He pulls me closer instead of pulling away. What's gotten into him? What's with the sudden act?

He pulls away from me and look at me. "You're silent all the sudden... Is there something that's bothering you?" He said. "N-no... It's just..." I stutter out. He raise his eye-brow. "Just what?" He asks. "I'm not used to be held my a guy..." I said in a hush tone. This makes him chuckle. I raise an eye-brow at him. "What's with all this, Ash?" I asks. "Huh?" He questions. "Well... You are holding me... Like... Um... A couple" I said, feeling a bit awkward.

He pulls away from me. "Um s-sorry... I didn't realise what I'm doing..." He said, blushing so hard. "It's okay..." I said. 'No it's not... You're making me a blushing mess!' I thought to myself. Honestly... I love it when he held me. It makes me feel secure.

I move and get up. "Where are you going?" He asks. "I'm going to take a shower..." I said. "Oh, okay..." He said, smiling at me. I give him a small smile. Then I grab everything I need and head towards the bathroom.

Ash P.O.V

I miss her warmth. I wish I could hold her a little longer. I don't wanna let go... If I could, I wish I could hold her forever and never have to let go.

But I'm not sure if it's true or is it just my imagination... But I could have seen I saw something flashing in her eyes... It's like she's, I don't know... disappointed? She have that look in her eyes when I pull away from her. If what I see is true... Then does that means, she have feelings for me? Well... I hope she did, because...

I love her so much...

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

Ash and I agree to hang out together, since the rest have their own. We walk around the town together in silence. I still feel a bit flustered by the fact that I woke up to Ash holding me.

We stop by the lake. I take a seat on the grass, Ash is doing the same. My Pikachu is laying on my lap and Mew is sleeping in my backpack. I pet Pikachu's head as I stare into the lake.

There is silence between us. Neither of us is saying a word to each other. But I don't mind. He didn't say a thing... I didn't say a thing... Which means together... We hear everything.

But soon the silence is broke by him. "Hey... Y/N..." He said. I turn to him. "Yeah?" I question. "What's your plan to search for your parents?" He said. I frown as he asks that, recalling the dream I had last night. I look down as I try to fight back my tears. "I don't know..." I said to myself.

"Why? What's wrong? You're so determined to search for them... What changed?" He asks. I didn't answer. I hug my knees and place my head on my knees. I choke a sob as tears begin to stream down my cheeks.

"H-hey... What's wrong?? Why are you crying?" I heard Ash said, I can hear the panic tone in his voice.

Ash P.O.V

Y/N suddenly starts to cry. So I just do what I think is the right thing to do when someone is crying. I pull her into a hug and let her cry on my shoulder.

Soon my clothes is soaked with her tears. I just stay silent and let her cry. 'I wonder what's on her mind... Why is she crying all the sudden... Is it have something to do with the dream she had last night?' I thought to myself.

Y/N slowly starts to calm down. I gently place my hand on her cheeks and pull her away from my shoulder... So I could see her face.

"Y/N... Why are you crying?" I asks, trying to be as gentle as possible. She just stare back at me with tear stained cheeks.

Y/N P.O.V

I take a deep breath and start telling him the nightmare I had last night. He stayed silent as he just listen to me. In the end of it... I start to cry again.

Ash just simply pulls me closer, letting me cry on his chest. I clutch the front of his shirt as I continue to cry my eyes out.

"I-I'm scared... Ash... What i-if it's true? And my parents hates me... T-that's why they try to get r-rid of m-me..." I said, and cry even more. "Shh... Don't think like that... That's why we need to find your parents... So you'll know the truth... Don't worry... I'll be there for you..." He said. "P-promise?" I said in a weak tone. I feel him nod "I promise..." He said. A smile starts to make its way onto my face.

*to be continued*