[Home]

A/N: extra long chapter + new skill acquired!

Arriving to Busan after 10 years of only hearing stories about it and remembering foggy memories was overwhelming for (Name). She was only 5 when her family moved out and went to Musutafu, thus proceeding their lives in Japan for the next years of their life. She had no memory whatsoever of her korean childhood friends, and her brothers never even mentioned anything about it to her.

She only remained in silence as she relished in the scenery of the city before her as they weaved through the people to get to their hero agency. Waves of crowds gathered in that district with the loud chatter and bustle of people going to and fro places she could never reminiscence  nor think about, as they may have drastically changed over the years.

Buildings with shopping stalls and boutiques were lined on one side and cafes, restaurants and novelty stores were on the other, teenage students hanging about in the parks and the outside chairs of the stores as they chatted away, eating their lunch or sipping at their cold drinks. Some had been taking pictures or a stroll, some relaxing at a vacant bench.

Looking around, a few children were pointing at her, tugging at their parents' or teachers' sleeves and murmuring something about her and Rekishi's appearance in Busan. Rekishi was well known in both countries, having her own plentiful share of records of her heroic acts in the country, but she felt like she was getting attention, too. She felt her heart beat in her ears as her faced burnt in self consciousness, absent-mindedly tucking strands of hair behind her ears.

"We're almost there, Korra," Rekishi hummed, keeping her emerald eyes onto the street in front of her. "Just a couple more blocks."

She nodded and kept her head held up high, and strode alongside her all the way. In the distance, a building with a curved top had big, bold letters that read "Specter Hero Agency" on the side, gleaming against the sun's rays with the glass reflecting the clouds.

"This is it," Rekishi breathed out, greeting the security guards as they passed, some people greeting her and bowing to her as she walked by. "Specter should be up in his office. We have to hurry. We might be a few minutes late."

(Name) nodded, hurrying inside the elevator with her. Whilst waiting for their arrival at the 17th floor, she rocked back and forth on her heels, nibbling on her bottom lip in anxiousness under her mask. What if her satoori was bad? What if she accidentally disrespected the hero? Or heroes?

Oh god, were there more than one hero in this agency?

She suddenly felt a hand brush through her hair. Looking up at Rekishi, her kind emerald eyes calmed her down as she pet her head gently. "Don't worry too much, Korra. You'll be fine. Well, do you still understand satoori?"

She nodded, the pro hero beside her mimicking her actions. The elevator dinged and they stepped outside, seeing a spacious office with tables filled with gadgets and files here and there, some sidekicks and assistants scurrying about with papers in their hands. In the far side of the room, there stood a man in a white suit speaking to a woman with big, winding horns on either side of her head. 

"Specter! Byeol! I'm here!" Rekishi called out to the pro-heroes and they turned to face her, their hands shooting up to wave her over. (Name) followed after her and watched as they exchanged greetings and quick hugs. She neared the three pro heroes and observed the new faces.

Specter was a tall man, almost reaching up to six feet, with white hair and foggy grey eyes. He wore a red polo shirt and a black tie under his white coat, and his look was finished with white dress shoes and a single cross earring.

Byeol was a slim woman with fair skin, majestic winding horns, fiery yellow hair and big sparkling (literally) mint eyes. She wore a black skin tight suit with a brown bomber jacket accented with orange lines. She also wore brown and orange shorts and brown heel-less shoes with a little bag hung around her right thigh.