Prologue

Beneath The Skies Recap

Everyone began to quietly talk amongst one another.

Another knock then came at the door half an hour later, we all thought it was the doctor.

Oh how wrong we all were.

The door opened and none other than Mario Galviao was stood there, Mum gasped,

"Galviao" I snarled.

"Well, this is a lovely reunion. Told you I'd be seeing you soon Keane. Is everyone ready for the fireworks?"

The End

<<<

"Why is everyone so tense?" Galviao said, no one moved, and no one said anything either, "Has everyone lost the ability to talk?"

   "If you lay one of your dirty fingers on Keane, I'm going to kill you" Tayte spat,

"There we go, of course it would be the overprotective boyfriend Tayte to speak his mind first,"

   "If you're here to kill me then get on with it," I snapped,

"Oh Keane. I'm not here to kill you,"

  "Then what do you want?" Arlo said walking over to where Tayte and I were sat on the bed.

"Arlo my boy...has Mummy dearest told you yet?"

   "Told me what? Mum...what is he talking about? How does he know who I am?"

"Holy shit" I said, Galviao smiled,

   "I knew you were a clever one" He said, "Pennies dropped for Keane," I looked at Mum, she wouldn't meet my gaze. "I think some privacy is needed, don't you?"

"No one is going anywhere" Dad said,

   "Joey...I think you're going to change your tune really quickly when..."

"We'll be okay...just...go to the café or something...I'll, we'll ring you when you can come back..." Mum interrupted.

  "Mum?" Noah questioned,

"Please, Parker, George...Talina, just go"

   "Talina is going nowhere" I said,

"CAN EVERYONE WHO IS NOT BLOOD RELATED PLEASE LEAVE THE ROOM" Mum shouted, we stared at her, mouth agape. Galviao was leaning against the wall with his arms folded, he smiled at her, "I'm sorry..." She then said.

   "Rhina are you sure..." Parker began, she nodded, "We'll be close by okay," she nodded again. Talina went to move,

"Auntie...don't go" I said, "Don't go,"

   "It'll be okay Keane..." Angelo moved too,

"Lolo,"

  "Blood only, you heard your Mum...we will be back soon. I love you" He kissed him, Talina looked at me, her eyes told me not to worry. Once everyone had left, Tayte being the only supposed 'non-blood left standing' and the door was shut, I said,

"You fucking better open that mouth of yours and explain to everyone else what I just figured out," I snapped, taking a deep breath,

    "Mario is...we go way back, he...Arlo...this...this...he is your father,"

BOMBSHELL!

"Holy shit" Noah said, coming over to the bed and sitting on it with us, we all looked at Arlo,

   "This...this is some kind of..." Arlo trailed off, he probably didn't know what to say.

"Hello son" Galviao said with a smile,

  "How could you?" Dad snapped, "You didn't tell me why? For Christ sake Rhina, we could have worked through this, we've worked through enough haven't we?"

"I told you there'd be fireworks" Galviao said winking at me,

    "He's not really my Dad, he can't be...your joking..."

"Rhina...did you love Galviao?" I said, she didn't look at me, I knew calling her by her name must have stung.

"...Yes...I love him, I loved him..." she said,

  "You still do, don't you?"

"Keane..." Dad interrupted,

   "Dad you can't honestly stand by Mum after what you've just found out. Unless you knew too and lied to us as well," Noah said, "Which in all honesty wouldn't really be a surprise knowing both your track record"

"I didn't know...I honestly just found out like you did. Of course, if I knew I would have told you"

   "Sorry to interrupt this lovely family affair, but might I add that Rhina has known my whereabouts the entire time you have been country hopping. I know you've seen her face Keane when my name has been mentioned, how her facial features changed for a split second. I have never stopped loving her ​and deep down, she has never stopped loving me either,"

I could not believe what I was hearing!

   "Shut up...Please, don't go there..."

"Shit...we're all going to hell. We are all going to hell"

  "Cat got your tongue son? Do you not have anything to say to your father? I mean it has been years. Your whole lifetime"

"How could you not tell me Mum? What, did you think I couldn't handle it? I handled when you told me about Keane, Noah and Arii, how you told me about your job. How you had another family, yet I was the one shipped off to boarding school. I hate you, I fucking hate you" he headed for the door,

  "Arlo wait. Please don't go. I don't fully know what you're going through right now, but I can't get up and leave, so please don't leave us..." I told him and I saw him hesitate,

"Oh I am definitely going to break some hearts," Galviao said and there was something in his voice that made me question him.

What was he planning?

"Why do you want to kill me?" I asked him, my voice was calm, I surprised myself.

   "To take away Rhina's, 'first' son like she did mine. I never got a chance to be there for Arlo, maybe she'll understand how that felt" I looked to his hand, he had a phone,

"NO... DON'T DO THIS," I shouted. Everyone looked at me and then before anything else was said, 6 men stormed into the room.

  "KEANE" Tayte shouted as he was hauled up from the bed and thrown to the floor harshly, Noah screamed, and Mum and Dad were fighting like they were in combat. Arlo managed a few punches and then I was ripped from the bed and slung over someone's shoulders. I pounded the back of my captor with my good arm, he was strong. He was built like a tank. I had no chance in my state.

  "PUT ME THE FUCK DOWN," I screamed, Arlo was fighting his way to me, Tayte was dazed on the floor, helping Noah up. I didn't even bother to avert my gaze to Mum, but Dad had just taken a blow to head, "GET OFF ME"

  "KEANE" Arlo shouted,

"ARLO"

  "We'll find you," I caught Tayte's gaze,

"I love you" I mouthed, his eyes were the last thing I saw as I was knocked out and met by silence and darkness.

"I love you"

<<<

And it begins!

You are in for a wild one!

Hold on tight!

Copyright © Georgia T R Wing