Holy Pharaoh - Ahkmenrah

Another day of sleeping, another night of protecting the exhibits with Larry. This is only my second night on the job as I was only hired to keep an eye on Larry and help him with his tasks as a night security. When the boss told me what happened, I couldn't understand how he could have caused such a mess in such a short amount of time, until I went to work last night. Everything just seemed to come alive. Literally.

Larry and Teddy were teaching me the ropes and rules of the place last night, but when we got to the Egyptians exhibit, he emphasized the danger of opening the Pharaoh's tomb, and how I should not, under any circumstance, set him free. I could tell by his voice that the Pharaoh, Ahkmenrah, was supposed to be scary. But as I was standing, listening to the screams of the man inside, trying to push his way out, I couldn't help but feel intrigued rather than scared. I could even say I felt a pull toward him, wanting to set him free. I also hated listening to him scream.

Now Teddy's warning has gone completely out of the window as chaos breaks out in the museum.

"Larry!" I shout over at him as we hide behind the desk. "We can't do this alone. We can't keep control of everything by ourselves." I look up over the desk, just to see how bad things were getting, only to have to quickly duck again as Rex's tail swings just above my head.

"What do you suppose we do then?"

"We need a leader who is also one of them. They'll listen to that person."

"Well, Teddy refuses to help us anymore, so who do you reckon should help us?"

"Ahkmenrah." I say in an obvious tone.

"The Pharaoh?" I nod and wait for his answer. "Y/N, you heard what Teddy said about him. I trust his opinions." He shakes his head before flinging a little man away who was trying to climb his leg.

"What if he was wrong? What if he's actually not a scary guy? Do you trust me?" He looks at me for a while before nodding. "Then lets go." We quickly race to the tomb of Ahkmenrah, dodging everything that came flying at us on the way. Maybe I'll get some abs one day after working here?

When we finally reach the exhibit, we quickly pass the guards and reach the tomb which is shaking frantically as the man inside screams. That poor man. I place my hands on the lid of the tomb, Larry copying my movements and after a nod, we push off the lid. I have to try and stop myself from falling forward and quickly step back as Ahkmenrah shoots up into a sitting position.

He starts patting his face before unwrapping the clothe quickly as Larry and I just stand there in amazement. When Ahkmenrah finally reveals himself I have to take a step back, my eyes wide because this guy is hot, like super hot. But he also seems familiar. He gasps for air before saying in a kind voice; "Thank you for freeing me." He hops out of his tomb and dusts himself off. Really? They were afraid of this guy? This guy seems super sweet.

He looks up at Larry, smiling at him before moving his eyes onto me and he freezes. "Safiya?" Safiya? Who the hell is that? I look at him in confusion.

"No, sorry. Y/N." He takes a step towards me, almost like he's in a trance.

"You must forgive me, you just look a lot like my wife." He looks me up and down before meeting my gaze in confusion. "Very much like her." He whispers and my breath catches.

"Yeah, well, you two can sort this out later." Larry says, clapping gaining my attention. I forgot he was here. "Ahkmenrah, we need your leadership skills to help control the chaos outside."

"I would love to help."

"Great, lets go." But before we can leave, Ahkmenrah says;

"Wait, I need to put on my robes first." And that's my cue to leave.

******************

We did it, we have finally tamed the chaos and put everyone back into their places before the sun rises, with only Dexter and Ahkmenrah to go.

"I better take Dexter back to his exhibit. You can go home, Y/N. I can lock up." Larry says and I give him a nod.

"Actually, Y/N, do you mind accompanying me back to my tomb? I wish to talk to you." I look at Ahkmenrah and the gleam in his eyes before I nod.

"Sure." We start walking in silence and due to the crease on his forehead, I know to give him space while I wait for him to come up with something to say.

"In another life, you were Safiya, my wife." I look at him in confusion.

"What?"

"Let me explain. Kings can only be brought back to the world if they are near my tablet, allowing them to have everything they once had, including their memories. The Queens, however, are born as a new person without any knowledge of their past." We stop walking as we reach the Egyptian exhibit. He turns towards me, picks up my hand and kisses the top of it, making my heart flutter involuntarily. "But once they meet their king again, they will start to remember. You will remember who you are one day, Y/N. When you do, I will be here waiting for you, my Queen."

If you're wondering what the update was, I just changed Y/N's name... Thank you to @That_1_weirdo_  for helping me with the name!