Independence

Y/N, I just met the perfect guy for you. I sigh. Another one? I've just had two friends within the last few weeks text me about some guy that I would be perfect with. What the hell is going on?

What the fuck are you guys are up to?  I reply and Y/F/N messages back almost instantly. 

What do you mean?

I mean that last week Evie tried to set me up with a guy named Freddie and the week before that Jade tried to set me up with a guy named Elliot. What are you guys up to?  I sigh in agitation sending the message and I have to wait impatiently for her reply, which ended up being quite a long one.

We just want you to get yourself out there. We're worried about you spending all that time alone in that house of yours. Especially since you haven't dated anyone since that asshole. Please, just do this once for yourself? He's a really nice guy, I promise.

They have been worried about me being here alone? Sure, I have been getting a bit lonely here, but I didn't think it would be enough to make them worry about me. Sighing once again, I text back a reply I know I'm going to regret later.

Fine. I'll go. You're lucky I love you. What's this guys name?
And by the way. I haven't been alone. My cat Batman has been here with me. 

A cat is not the same as a person! And I love you too. So, his name is Rami...

************

I was right. I am really regretting saying saying yes to that date. He hasn't shown up yet at the restaurant, but the moment I woke up this morning, I was regretting this. I haven't dated anyone in so long, not since that asshole James. What the hell do I do? Am I even ready for this? I wouldn't be surprised if the guy stood me up. Or even ended up being a stalker or serial killer. That would just be my luck. And now my brain is thinking of all the ways I could die tonight. Thanks over-active brain. Maybe I should just cancel this - 

"Hey, are you Y/N?" I hear from beside me and look up to see a man with a kind smile and eyes that are mixed green and blue, that I can't help but stare at them. This is definitely a different feeling when meeting some hot guy. I can feel a blush rise to my cheeks which I know will stay there throughout the night. My lips form a small smile, my hands start to shake due to nervousness and, of course my heart starts beating hard and fast. Definitely a new reaction.

"Yes, hi, you must be Rami."

"Yes, I'm sorry if I was keeping you waiting for a while". He sits down in front of me, and I can tell he's also nervous by the way he immediately starts playing with the fork in front of him.

"No, not at all. I tend to get to places early, sometimes even a little too early, so you're fine."

We start talking, getting to know one another. He seems like such a sweet, humble guy. As we talk, I can feel myself relax. Not completely because anxiety is a bitch, but enough to actually enjoy this date. There's just something about him that makes you feel at home, comfortable. I just really hope he's enjoying this date, too. But what if he's not? What if he's bored and is too kind to say anything about it, or even leave? Shut up self doubt. Don't ruin this for me. 

"Y/N, there has been something I've been meaning to ask you." Rami starts, his eyes looking down at his plate. And welcome back total anxiety. What the hell is he wanting to ask? "It's something that Y/F/N mentioned that has been playing on my mind, but you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but -" He takes a deep breath to stop his nervous rambling and finally looks back up at me. "How long has it actually been since you've dated someone?"

Really? That's what he wanted to ask? Well that's an easy answer then. " Four years." His eyebrows rise in surprise. Wait, what if that made me sound bad? Oh-my-gosh, did I just make myself sound like an absolute loser? Why did I say that?

"Why so long?" He asks and I sigh. Might as well carry on with the theme of honesty.

"The last relationship I was in ended quite badly. I'm not going to say just how bad  at the moment, but afterwards, I needed time to be single. And then I grew so used to being single and independent that I grew scared to even date someone, even if I was so lonely. I love being independent and I knew that if I were to date someone and share my life with them, I would have to rely on them which leaves you vulnerable to them, and I was scared to do that again."

I take a deep breath, realizing that I've been rambling. "I'm sorry." I say, looking at my hands. "I shouldn't have said all of that. I tend to ramble sometimes. I'm sorry." I feel his hand cover mine. I look up and see Rami, expecting him to see pity and maybe even boredom, but instead I surprisingly find nothing but understanding.

"There is no need to be sorry. I understand where you are coming from. But can I ask one more question?"

"Of course." I reply, not feeling as worried as before.

"After all that time, why did you decide to come on this date with me?"

"Three reasons, actually. First, Y/F/N is very hard to say no to." He chuckles, muttering 'I know what you mean,' before letting me continue. "Second, I was getting tired of spending every night at home alone while my friends went out with their boyfriends. And third, because I wanted to go on a date with you." He smiles a beautiful, radiant smile, using the hand that's not holding mine to pick up his glass, motioning me to do the same.

"Well, then cheers to the first date of, hopefully, many more in the future." We clink our glasses together.

"Cheers."

IMPORTANT A/N;

I know some of you have read this in my other books, but I have decided after a few more imagines I am going to stop this book and the other Borhap imagines books. So, if you have any requests or anything for any of my imagines books (apart from Ben), then now's your last chance. I've been really wanting to start an original story that's been forming in my head for the last couple of years, but haven't had time to focus on it until now. Thank you all again for reading and I really hope you'll check out that book when I start uploading it!