Remember Me - Elliot Alderson

The last season of Mr Robot is coming out very soon and I am super excited.

SPOILERS FROM SEASON ONE

F Society. You would have thought that the place we hide in made it a little too obvious about where to find us, but apparently it works being right under their noses. I have to admit, while the place does scream horror movie or rundown chic, I love it here. I especially love trying to beat Darlene at skeeball. And it also means I get to spend time with Elliot.

Walking in there now, I automatically feel myself relax, like I'm coming to my home away from home. My eyes naturally shift to Elliot standing by the bench with Darlene, at the back of the room by the food. Something about him seems off, like he's more tense than usual, but that can't be anything to worry about, surely.

"Hey, Elliot." I approach him with my usual ease, but slow down when he turns to look uncertainly at me.

"How do you know who I am?" I stop short, trying to mask the horror that wants to creep onto my face as the look on Darlene explains it all. He forgot who I am. That's only happened once before, so that must mean his other personality is back causing havoc in his mind. According to Darlene whenever he gets his other personality coming through, he always seems to forget about himself, parts of his past, and even some of his friends and family. He apparently always forgets who Darlene is, and she's his sister. I would be lying if I said this didn't hurt like a bitch.

When I look at Darlene, she's staring at me, basically screaming with her wide eyes for me to lie to him. His mind's not ready for the truth yet. I look back at Elliot.

"Well, in order for us to trust in you, one of us had to do some extensive research on you. That job fell on me. Of course, there was nothing of you on any social media site which was a good sign, but I have my ways of getting information." I see him raise his eyebrows at me, so I quickly add; "I'm Y/N." Knowing he doesn't like being touched by people he doesn't like or feel comfortable around, I don't hold out my hand for him to shake. He just nods his head at me, still looking at me suspiciously, but also as if he's trying to work something out.

"Have I seen you somewhere before? You look very familiar." My chest tightens at this. This didn't happen before. I give him a tight smile.

"Probably just somewhere in passing." I wave it off and he seems to accept this answer, turning away from me. My heart beats painfully in my chest at the thought of having to start our friendship all over again, but I'll do it. Only because I love him.

************

We've just about finished the last stage of our project, and Elliot and I have been working together constantly as we've both worked in the same field, but we push each other in areas we're not so confident in. After all, he is better at the unexpected coding than I am. Firing questions at one another to try and crack the codes. The adrenaline always rushes through me at these moments.

But I keep finding myself having to hold back on what I've been wanting to say, and remind myself that he doesn't actually remember me. That we don't have a friendship that we once had.

But, overnight, I suddenly woke up with a feeling that he needed me. That something was wrong. So, at two in the morning, I am barging through his door, ready to wake him up. But I don't see him in his bed where he usually is. No, instead I quickly rush to his side as he's curled up beside his bedside table, crying. It tears out my heart just seeing this. I sit down beside him and wrap my arms around him and he rests his head on my chest as he cried. Something which I would often do to comfort him.

"He's all in my head." He manages to choke out. I'm about to ask who, when he answers me anyway, confirming my suspicions; "Mr Robot. I know he's in my head. I know that I was the one who started this, but I can't remember any of it. I can't remember any of it. There's only pieces I can remember, but their small and how much any of it is real? How much of this is real? How much of this is real? I don't know what's real anymore." He continues to mutter that into my shirt, and I just hold him in my arms until his tears slowly start to dry out.

"Elliot, this is real. F Society is real. Darlene is real. I am real. We are all here for you, and we'll help you get through this." He allows me to pull him closer and we just sit there in silence for a while, letting the presence of one another relieve us until he pulls away to look at me. Its a look which is so soft and so familiar to me but I haven't seen in such a long time. I had grown to miss it so it's a relief when I see it again.

"I remember you, you know." I raise my eyebrows in surprise. Now, is this real? "I remember how we worked together. I remember how close we were before and how good of a friend you were to me." Yeah. Friend. "But I also remember feeling..." Feeling? Feeling what? Confused, I almost beg him to continue until I feel him hold my chin lightly with his fingers and then he leaned forward, softly placing his lips on mine.

The kiss was soft and gentle, which is surprising but leaves me yearning for more. "I remembered how much I love you." He whispers on my lips, making my breath catch. "Thank you for being patient and always being there for me."