Alone Time? Part Two

Rami's P.O.V

Isn't she getting any of my hints? I swear my flirting has been very obvious, and not just for tonight, either. Everyone in the group has picked up on my flirtatious habits with Y/N, including Ben! I've had to endure weeks of teasing because of it, but how has she not noticed?

Or maybe she has noticed and is choosing instead to ignore it because maybe she actually doesn't like me?

Either way, I have to find out what is going on, and I need to help to do it. 

When Y/N heads to the kitchen to get more drinks, I quickly pull Lucy aside. "I need you to do me a favor." I say, and Lucy rolls her eyes.

"Let me guess, you want me to see why Y/N isn't noticing your flirtations."

"I - yes. How did you know?"

"Because I'm wanting to know the same thing and I know she wouldn't tell you why. Come on, you can hide beside the door leading to the kitchen, and I'll get you your answers." I automatically sigh with relief.

"Thank you. You're the best." I reply as we head towards the kitchen. 

"I know, now shut up while I work my best friend magic." I take my spot beside the kitchen door, making sure she won't see me, but I can still see her. Lucy calmly walks into the kitchen and leans against the counter  in front of Y/N with her back facing me. My eyes drift down her casual figure, but take longer at her legs. Man Y/N looks really good in her yoga pants. Stop it, Rami. You need to focus here, and not focus on her beautiful legs that could do so many things... 

"Okay," Lucy starts, gaining Y/N's attention and mine, "I can't be the only one to notice how much Rami is into you." Lucy begins with saying, smirking at Y/N while she just blushes adorably.  Really Lucy? You had to start with that?

"I'm sorry, but what?" Y/N asks, her tone showing obliviousness. 

"Yeah, haven't you noticed that he's been flirting with you the whole night?"

"He has?" I sigh with frustration. Yes I have! How have you not noticed?

"Okay, I know you can be quite oblivious at times. but you are not that bad. Come on honey, spill. What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" What intrigues me is that Y/N seems to be weighing up her options, showing me that she may have actually noticed after all.

"Fine," she says, "I have noticed him flirting. And I do really like him, but -" She stops herself, and my heart starts racing. She likes me too? But what's got her so worried?

"But?" Lucy ergs on, but still giving Y/N space to answer.

"I just don't want to get my hopes up or anything. Do you know how many guys flirt with me and act all sweet at the bar, at work, on the streets, just to try and get in my pants? Do you know how many of those guys end up cussing at me and call me a slut all because I decline them? Nearly all of them. And do you know how many guys have flirted with me just to have a joke with their friends?"

"Honey, Rami's not like that." Lucy says softly and I can see the pain in Y/N's eyes.

"Maybe not, but I've experienced too much heart-break from guys who started out flirting with me just like he has, who also seemed really kind and sweet, but turned out to be absolute assholes over time. And it also scares me how quickly I've grown to like Rami. What if he just hurts me like everyone else?" Hearing this, I can't take being in my hiding spot anymore and I step into the kitchen

"But I wouldn't do that to you." I say as Y/N's eyes land on me and she stares in shock.

"How much of that did you hear?" She asks with a little tremor in her voice. Lucy silently starts to leave and I quickly take her place to stand in front of Y/N, just so I can be close to her.

"Honestly, all of it. I wanted to know why you weren't taking me seriously and Lucy wanted to help me." I can see Y/N studying me, her face showing nothing but confusion.

"I don't know how to feel about that."

"I know. Now that I think about it, it does sound pretty weird, but now I know." I take a step forward and testing my luck, I place my hand on hers. When she doesn't pull away, I take it as a win. "I want you to know that I would never hurt you like that. Those guys didn't know how good they had it with you." She scoffs.

"You wouldn't be saying after a while of dating me." Her voice is soft but full of vulnerability, and she looks down at our hands.

"Probably not. I'll most likely be saying much better things than that." She smiles shyly, before she looks back up at me with her beautiful eyes. "Please, Y/N. Give me a chance. We can start with one date, and see where it goes from there." I look at her anxiously, but I don't have to wait long for an answer.

"Okay, Malek. We'll start with a date."