Best Friends Brother - College AU

"Y/N, you came!" Sami greets happily when he opened his front door.

"I didn't have anything better to do, so of course I came here." I say with a devilish smile before quickly giving him a hug.

"Ouch, well it's good to know we're your last choice of entertainment, Y/N/N."

"Always." I laugh, making Sami smile before he steps aside to let me in. "But, even better news, I brought along some drinks for us." I hold up a case of beer as Sami's room mate and brother steps into view.

"You, we gotta keep you." He says with a charming smile, thankfully taking the beer out of my hands and setting it on top of their mini fridge. It was starting to get really heavy for me to carry.

"Oh yeah, introductions." Sami claps his hands together. "Y/N, this is my twin, yes, identical twin brother, Rami. Rami, this is my best friend, Y/N." Rami sets out his hand for me to shake and I take it with surprise, trying to ignore the warmth shooting up my arm and the bright twinkle in his eyes.

"So, your Y/N, the girl who swears is only a platonic friend of Sami's even though he spends almost all his time with you. It's nice to finally meet you."

"And I've heard a lot about you. It's nice to finally meet Sami's better half." I realize Rami and I are still shaking hands and I try to subtly let go and drop his hand. Luckily Rami was still able to carry on the light-hearted conversation.

"Ha, Sami, you hear that? I'm the better half." Rami laughs as Sami looks at me in a mask of betrayal.

"Yeah, I'm starting to wonder why we're even friends, or how we became friends in the first place."

"Because, bitch, I'm fabulous." Sami laughs a little as Rami turns to him.

"Dude, I like her. You actually have a decent friend." Rami says, unknown to his the blush he just caused to flood to my cheeks.

"Right, well, if we keep talking like this, I think I'm going to need another drink." I smile and follow him to the drinks.

"And I think I'll join you."

*****************

After a couple of hours of Sami, Rami and I drinking, playing games and basically partying in this room with just us three, Sami has passed out on his bed.

"I can't believe Sami is passed out already. I never thought he was such a light weight." I laugh a little as snores start emitting from his mouth.

"If you think this is bad, you should have seen him on the Christmas party we went to last year."

"Ohhh, an embarrassing story. Do tell." I say eagerly, but Rami just looks into my eyes with a small smile before he sighs.

"Maybe another time. He tells the story better than I do."

"Rami, your such a tease." I lean my head against his shoulder as he wraps his arm around me. Normally I would hate to be this close with someone I barely know, but this is so comfortable and natural , I don't even want to move.

"Y/N. There's a question that's been bugging me, and I really want to know." He pauses, so I hum to let him know I'm listening. "Why aren't you interested in Sami? I mean, you two seem pretty close and everybody kinda expects you two to get together."

"Yeah, I know they do, but that's none of their business. Sami and I are close, but we're not close like that. We're just good friends and that's all there is to it. Besides, he's not my type." I could feel Rami tense, and before I could ask him what's wrong, he starts talking.

"Is it because of his looks?"

"What? No." I say, looking at him in shock. "That would be very superficial of me. No, he's not my type because we don't have enough in common, if you know what I mean. Sure, some differences make things interesting, but sometimes it makes it difficult for a relationship." He nods in understanding and I place my head back onto his shoulder, feeling him relax again. "Besides, I'm not his type either, seeing as he's chasing after my best girl friend." Rami and I chuckle before it dies off as the air starts to grow thick with seriousness and something else.

"What is your type then?" He asks in a raspy, quiet voice. It must be the liquid courage that helps me say this, because before I know what I'm saying, I blurt out;

"Your closer to my type." I freeze at my words and hold my breath. Oh-my-gosh, I'm such an idiot, why did I just say that? You literally met him only hours ago. But, then again, it feels like you've known him so much longer than that, especially with what Sami said about him. But soon I feel fingers softly brush under my chin, tilting it up so that I'm now looking at Rami, whose eyes are so full of affection, they make me want to melt.

Rami leans in close, pausing to see there was any objection from me, before closing the gap and pressing his lips against mine in a heated but sweet kiss.

"I really like you, Y/N." He says after he breaks away, his fingers caressing my face, and my eyes start to get heavy with sleep.

"I really like you too, Rami. But maybe we should talk more about this when we're both sober and I don't feel like passing out." Rami laughs as I lay my head back on his shoulder.

"Look who's the tease now." He wraps his arms tighter around me, allowing me to get more comfortable.

"I can't help it, your so comfy." I whisper as I drift off into sleep.

And that's how Sami wakes up in the morning, finding Y/N and Rami intertwined with one another in a loving and affectionate embrace. He smiles to himself as he knew that as soon as he met Y/N, that she would be the perfect girl for Rami.