I'm here for you - Elliot Alderson

WARNING: - May be triggering to some and contains spoilers from Season 1 of Mr Robot.

4 hours. It's nearly been 4 hours and Elliot has been tossing and turning like crazy, clearly seeing things that aren't actually there. Elliot has been taking morphine and because he hasn't got his supplier anymore, he has been forced to sober up for himself and for F.Society.

The others who were here too are long gone, not willing to stick around for their leader and instead running away like a bunch of cowards. They absolutely don't care much about Elliot at all. At least, not like me. I've stuck by him for years, since we were little kids when our parents died because of Evil Corp. I've stuck by him through his abusive mother, finding out he has DID and I'm going to stick with him through this too. Because that's what friends are for. Or, that's what I do for the people I love.

I never mean't to fall in love with Elliot, it just sort of happened. I also know that he definitely doesn't feel the same way because he currently has his eyes on Shayla and before that, it was Angela. Maybe he still does like Angela a bit, who knows. But a little part of me wants or even hopes that one day he'll fall in love with me, too.

He starts muttering as he continues to toss and turn; "Please just one more hit, I promise it'll be the last one, please just one more hit, just to get me through this." He keeps repeating this, throwing the blankets off his sweaty, half naked body before pulling them back over him.

It kills me to see him like this, to see him struggling like this. To see him in pain and not being able to help him. It seems that all I can do is pace around the room. Actually, being here, doing all of this, it is helping him. I need to keep telling myself that I am helping him by making him sober, even if it does cause him a lot of pain now. I just wish I could take some of the pain away, anything to make it easier on him.

Suddenly, all is quiet. I look over to see Elliot passed out on the bed, the blankets fully tossed off of his body. I pull the sheets and blanket back over him, covering him so that he can sweat it out before I quickly head into the bathroom and lean over the sink. I take several deep breaths, trying to calm myself while also trying to get the images of Elliot in pain out of my head. He'll be okay, he'll be fine; I repeat in my head.

I turn on the cold water tap and cup my hands under the running water before splashing it on my face and turning the tap off. It seemed to be exactly what I needed. A refresher of sorts. I look at myself in the mirror as I lean on the sink. "You are doing the right thing", I say to myself. "After this, we'll go back to our mission of taking E-Corp down. This is what is needed to succeed. This is what is needed to help Elliot."

I make my way back into the room and immediately take in the crying figure of Elliot, sitting up and hugging his knees tight. How does he make himself look so small? "I'm alone." He cries. "I'm alone. They've all left me. I'm alone." My heart breaks and I walk forward so I don't startle him.

"Hey, Elliot." I say in a soft voice, sitting in front of him so he looks at me. "You're not alone. You're never alone. I'm here for you." I place a hand on his shoulder as he begins to break down further, before I bring him into a hug. He doesn't normally let people hug him, or even touch him, but he hugs me back almost desperately, repeating the words "you're here" into my ear.

"Y/N," he says after calming down a little and I break away from the hug so I can look at him. "Thank you for helping me and for always being here."

"What are friends for?" I say. I may be completely in love with a man who doesn't reciprocate the feelings and I'll have to one day move on, but right now, this is all I need. Being here for him and him being there for me, that's all I need for now.