We have a problem - Ahkmenrah

The best thing about having a father who is a night guard at a museum, is having a father who is a night guard at a museum where the artifacts come to life. Sure, there have been times where it has been pretty hectic, but I have grown up with these guys, and we've all grown so close. But I am closer to one particular guy more than the others. Even though I shouldn't and it isn't logical, I am massively in love with Ahkmenrah.

Just lying here with him now, under the stars, outside the museum is making my heart beat crazily and I'm aware of just how close we are, that even a brush of his skin against mine sends tingles up my arm. But something abnormal is happening. Ahk isn't talking and he usually does when we're alone together. Something is on his mind.

"I can feel you thinking over there." I say, moving my head to the side to look at him. "What's going on in that head of yours?" He turns his head to look at me, searching in my eyes before sitting up, sighing. Sitting up with him. I start to grow worried as he becomes increasingly nervous.

"There's been something on my mind and it's been there for a while." He refuses to look at me, so I grab hold of his hand, running my thumb over the back of it reassuringly.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me. I won't judge, I promise." These words seem to comfort him as he looks up at me with his beautiful eyes. He quickly closes the gap between us, pressing his lips against mine in a passionate way that almost makes me melt into him and forget everything apart from the feeling of his lips on mine, except something keeps nagging at me, making me pull away reluctantly. This time, it's me who refuses to look at him.

"Ahk, we can't." I say sadly before forcing myself to look him in the eyes, eyes which portray heart break. That's something I was hoping to never see.

"But, I want to be with you. You're my Queen." He says in a small voice. Gosh, this is so hard.

"Trust me when I say this, there is nothing I want more than to be with you, and I'm sorry, it's just there is a big problem that we have to consider."

"Whatever it is, I'm sure we can fix it..." I shake my head, interrupting before he can finish.

"It's not that simple. Even if we do get together, the fact still remains. You're going to stay the same forever, the same age, same looks, same place so you don't turn into ash when the sun rises, while I grow up, grow older, have children and then I'll die."

"Y/N, we can work our way around that, can't we? There has got to be a way, I can't lose you."

"And you won't lose me. But I don't know if I can handle having a relationship that's hidden in the dark." I start to feel warmth on my leg, so I look down and realize that the sun is rising, and fast. "Shit, Ahk, we've got to get you inside, now." Ahkmenrah quickly stand up and run back into the museum, the other exhibits already in their places as we make our way to the Egyptian exhibit. Ahkmenrah quickly takes off his head piece, before sitting down in the tomb. He pauses to look at me.

"Please come back tonight. I still want to see you and talk to you about this." My heart hammers hard in my chest and I nod, before he lies down and I slide the lid back over him, letting out a sigh. That was way too close. I move to sit down, leaning against the wall when I finally let a few tears slip down my face. I never want to do that again.

"Y/N?" I hear my dad say and I quickly wipe my tears away before he can see them. "I'm finished for the night, do you want me to give you a ride home or will you be leaving later?"

"I'll just stay here for a bit, thank you dad." I smile and he nods and walks away, leaving me alone. I sit there silently, thinking about the conversation Ahkmenrah and I had, wishing there really was a way that we could be together, when a knock sounds from the inside of the tomb, making me jump. I look at the tomb curiously. I must have just imagined it. There is no way he can be alive now. It's full daylight. But another knock sounds and I quickly race over to push the top off. Sure enough, Ahkmenrah sits up, looking as alive as ever, and I look at him in disbelief.

"I was hoping what he said was true." He whispers to himself before looking at me.

"What who said was true? How are you not a wax figure right now?" Ahk smiles at me in pure joy.

"Teddy told me that there is a legend about the plaque. That whomever it was made for, in this case me, when they finally find their true love and share a kiss, one they both share mutually, then the figure may be granted life. Teddy told me this because he saw the way I was apparently looking at you."

"So, that means you're fully human now?"

"Yes. That means I can grow old, have children, experience the world in the sun and eventually die, hopefully all with you."

"Why didn't you tell me about this before? This is the best news ever." I lean my forehead against his and close my eyes, taking in the situation.

"I didn't think it was true, I didn't believe it, but it is." He laughs and I close the gap, kissing him with love and passion

"I love you, Ahkmenrah." I say after pulling away for breath.

"And I love you, Y/N."

RAMI WON BEST ACTOR! So proud of him, and also the rest of the Bohemian Rhapsody cast, of course. They all did such a great job.