Alone Time? Part One

Finally, I get some time to myself. A book, a big glass of wine that is nearly filled to the brim, comfortable clothes consisting of an over-sized sweater and yoga pants, and my puppy curled up and sleeping soundly on my lap. No form of relaxation can be better to me than this. Getting comfortable in my seat, I'm about to get started with my next chapter when my phone starts ringing.

Come on, I just want to know what happens next. Give me a break, phone.

I sigh and grab my phone to see it's Lucy calling. Do I answer it? Or, do I just let it go to voice-mail?  The latter is really tempting right now, but I decide against it, choosing instead to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hello. That's all I get? Where's the enthusiasm? It's your best friend you're talking to!"

"I'm talking to my dog? How? You're on my lap."

"Now now, you sarcastic bitch. No need to be like that." She and I laugh into the phone. Sometimes I miss our banter.

"So, what's up?" I ask, so she can get to the point.

"Are you doing anything right now? Can I come over?" She asks, and I can tell by the tone of her voice that she's just going to come over anyway, no matter what I say.

"Yeah, sure." I shrug, even though she can't see it. 

"Great! Also, Ben, Gwilym, Joe, Rami and Allen are coming over, too. We'll be there in 5 minutes." Before, I could even say anything, she hangs up. Bitch knew I would say no if she told me everyone else is coming. Especially Rami. I have to prepare for when he comes. I don't think I have the mental capacity to deal with anyone right now, but I guess I have to try. I sigh and reluctantly move my baby boy off my lap. He only objects for a second before he curls up in the corner of the couch, and goes straight back to sleep. He's so cute.

Downing the wine, I quickly get back up, put my book away and try to clean as much of the place I can so it is somewhat presentable for guests, when there is a knock at the door. I make my way to the door, taking a deep breath. Shit, my clothes! These are not cute enough to see Rami in. They're old and my non -social clothes for a reason. There's another knock at the door, snapping me out of my panic, and I quickly open the door before Lucy decides to barge in.

"Finally. I thought you were trying to ignore us." Lucy says, pulling me into a hug.

"Me? Never." I say. When she pulls away, she looks straight at my clothes.

"I interrupted quality you time, didn't I?" She says with a little bit of regret.

"You always did have the best timing. But that's okay, come on in guys, before you all freeze out there." They all quickly come in, shaking off the cold and take off their shoes before I lead them into the lounge, and Lucy straight for my dog, bringing him out of his beauty sleep. "Can I get anyone a drink?" I ask and they all instantly perk up. "I'm going to take that as a yes. Let me just get them." I'm about to head into the kitchen when I feel someone fall into step beside me.

"Let me help you." Rami says, and I immediately become hyper aware of his presence.

"Okay, yeah. That would be great, thank you." I say almost shyly. He follows me into the kitchen and helps me get out the drinks but stops me from going back into the lounge, causing me to look at him in confusion, especially when I see he's a little worried. "What's up?"

"I am so sorry. I know you're not great with unexpected company, and I told Lucy not to come with everyone, but she can be a little too hard to dissuade sometimes." I smile at his concern as I know he genuinely cares and I can feel my heart melt. No, stupid feelings. Don't burst into action. At least, not yet.

"Yeah, she is, and she knows I'm not good with company, but as long as you guys don't touch my wine, I don't mind." He laughs, making my heart rate rise quickly, before we head back into the lounge together, giving everyone their drinks, before sitting on the couch, together. We're so close that our legs are touching, but then again, there was never really much room. 

"By the way, Y/N," Lucy starts and I look over at her cuddling my dog whose eyes scream 'help me'. "Don't be surprised if one day I steal your dog." 

"Over my dead body, Boynton." We laugh.

Once everyone downs a couple of drinks, the mood starts to loosen up. It loosens up so much that Joe and Ben start to mine dance to 'Don't Stop Me Now' while Gwilym records and everyone else sings along. But the mood didn't lighten for everyone.

I've been trying to loosen up and have fun, I really have, but every time Rami nudges me with his leg touches me lightly on the arm with his hand, or sends a flirtatious comment my way, I honestly want to just give in and kiss him. How is that a bad thing? Because it just is, my brain can't help but argue. It also can't help but supply me with all the the past relationships where the guys seemed amazing and sweet, but turned out to be an absolute ass hole.

No, I'm better off alone.

I tried to write it all for one chapter, but then it just became so long that I cut it in half, so I'll be typing the second part tomorrow.