My Love - Ahkmenrah

This imagine I originally wrote to be very long, but have since broken it off into two parts. Part Two, though, will be much shorter than this one.

Ahkmenrah's P.O.V.

Finding my parents after so long of not seeing them was something I would always dream would happen, but never thought it would actually be possible. But now Larry, the guardian of Brooklyn, has brought me home to where I feel like I almost truly belong, but not quite. There's something missing and I also wish I was back under better circumstances and not the reason that I feel like I'm dying.

"Could you take a look at the tablet? There's something wrong with it." Larry says to my father, handing the half gold, half green rustic tablet over. I know something is awfully wrong when my father's facial expressions change to concern as he runs his finger tips over it. He never shows his emotions unless it's something of extremity.

"It's losing it's power." He says in disbelief.

"Do you think you could fix it?" Larry asks, straight to the point like he always does. But my father looks up at him in offence.

"To do that I would have to divulge the secret of the tablet."

"I promise we won't tell anybody."

"No."

"I'll kiss your staff." Larry says reluctantly.

"Too late." By this time, I have had enough as I'm desperate to know how to save my friends.

"Father, why do you insist on keeping this to yourself?" My father turns to me, his eyes softening along with his voice.

"The secret was to be passed down to you at the proper time." He insists.

"It has been 4000 years. Now seems like a good time." My father sighs in defeat before he launches into his story.

"You were born at midnight. I was Pharaoh and I had seen wonders most men only dream of. But when I first gazed upon you, you were something more precious to me then any wonders of the ancient world. I knew I would never bare to say goodbye. I commanded the high priest to create a gift to you, my son, using all we had learned of the mysteries of the afterlife. Forged in the temple of Khonsu, god of the moon, and the watcher over nighttime travelers, the tablet of Ahkmenrah.

"Our tomb was designed to channel Khonsu's rays down to the tablet, rejuvenating it's powers every night. The moon god bestowed it's powers upon the tablet so that as long as it is bathed in his light, our family could be together forever. Not even death could part us. And when you found your true love, we knew we had to give her the same fate as us."

"Y/N?" I  asked in shock and excitement. "Y/N is here?"

"Yes, son. Y/N is here." My mother says before calling over her shoulder; "You can come and join us now, darling." When she steps out from behind the wall, I am as entranced as I was when I first saw her over 3900 years ago. Seeing her again, I know that my home is complete, this is where I belong. Her Y/H/C is as beautiful as ever, flowing behind her as she gracefully moves her way towards me, demanding my attention with every step. And when she smiles at me, the most beautiful and radiant smile that even the moon could not outshine, I know my heart can't take it much longer if I don't have her in my arms soon.

"Ahkmenrah." She says softly in her lovingly, sweet voice, making me smile and realize just how much I've missed it.

"My love." I say as I step towards her and envelope her into an embrace, holding her as close as I can, feeling the warmth I haven't felt for many moons, a warmth to which I have longed for. Until suddenly everything went cold and my vision darkens, making my head spin as I am unable to understand what Y/N is saying to me. If it weren't for Y/N holding me, I would have collapsed to the floor.

"What happened?" Y/N asks, looking into my eyes with concern as I start to gain my bearings once again. "Your skin, it went grey for a moment."

"My son," my father says from behind me, and I turn around to face him for him to thrust the tablet into my hands with urgency. "You need to put the tablet into the moonlight before dawn or life as you know it will be over."

"Yes father."

"Go, my son. Come back to us safe." My mother says and I look at her with as much love as I can portray.

"I will mother." I take one last look at the three of them before I turn around and leave with my friends, my heart growing heavier with every step that I take away from them.

"Wait, Ahk, I'm coming with you." I turn around to see Y/N racing towards me before springing into my arms which I quickly catch her. Although it's made a little awkward because of the tablet.

"Are you sure? It could be dangerous outside." I say, even though I desperately want her to come.

"Yes, I'm sure. I've been so long without you, my love, I don't want to be without you again. And who knows, this could be just like the adventures we used to have together in Egypt." We pull away a little, so that we're still in an embrace, but out foreheads are resting against one another and I can't help but smile as I lean in to kiss her.

"Okay, can we save the mushy gushy stuff for later? We have a tablet to save." Larry interrupts before I could kiss her, ruining the moment and making me sigh in defeat. 

"Why did you just spoil the actions of true love, Larry? You should have let the kids have their moment together. A moment couldn't have hurt." Teddy says, and I could not have agreed more.

"It's just that, we have a tablet to save..." Larry tries to argue back but in a small voice. 

"Well, now we're wasting time, lets just go." Y/N speaks from beside me, moving away but placing her hand in mine so we're still together. We're about to run off again, when suddenly the tablet is snatched out of my grasp.

"Not so fast!" Sir Lancelot yells at us, brandishing his pointy metal stick at us so that we can't obtain the tablet back. "I always believed my quest to find Camelot would be bestowed upon me at any moment of time, and now with this tablet, I can fulfill my quest and bring my fair maiden home."

"That tablet cannot help you with your quest, Sir Lancelot. So, if you just give it back to us..." Larry tries to persuade only for Sir Lancelot to laugh at him.

"Nice try, fool. But nothing is going to stop me." Before any of us could do anything, Sir Lancelot disappears into the cold night in the London streets.