My Protector - Ahkmenrah

REQUESTED - This photograph above is Shayera, who Y/N is based off.

Y/N's POV - 3100 BC

"Ahkmenrah!" I shout in a panicked voice, running into his room, and he just stands there frozen in place, by his bed. "Hide the tablet, we're under attack. They've already entered our walls, they'll be in your quarters soon"

"Under attack? By whom? Shayera, what's going on? Where are my parents?" Ahk asks, getting increasingly worried and ready to leave his room before I push him back a little. He always uses my real name. I've never once heard him call me by my other name, Y/N.

"Our own people are attacking us. Our Egyptian men. I don't know why they're attacking us, but your parents are safe. They have someone protecting them. But they're not after them, they're after you and they might be after your tablet too, so hide it Ahk, please." He quickly does as I say, but as soon as he locks it away, armed men start swarming the room. I stand in front of my king to protect him, but surprisingly they don't attack. Why aren't they attacking us? My question is soon answered when Kahmunrah walks in to stand in front of his men, a sadistic smile etched onto his face.

"Brother, what is the meaning of this?" Ahkmenrah speaks up from behind me before he moves to stand beside me. At this moment, Kahmunrah's men draw their weapons and I instantly flare one of my wings out to shield Ahk.

"Now, now, Y/N. No need for those dramatics just yet. I just want to have a chat with my brother first." Kahmunrah says, stepping forward and I stand, ready for a fight.

"Could have had me fooled." I say darkly.

"You didn't answer my question, brother." Ahk says, drawing Kahmunrah's attention. 

"I thought it would be pretty obvious. I've come to obtain what should have been rightfully mine."

"What do you mean, rightfully yours?"

"I mean, I'm the eldest, so I should be king, not you!" Kahmunrah screams before taking a deep breath to compose himself. "But that didn't happen, did it? Instead you got to be king because your mummy and daddy's favorite. It should have been me! I can't believe they even gave you your own little winged protector." He venomously spits out, voice raising in anger. "She's a pretty wee thing too. Such a shame that you both will be dead by the end of the night." With that, his army launches forward to attack. I push Ahk behind me before getting submerged in the fight. A part of me missed this, the feeling of a fight. The adrenaline, the fist against the face, my wings causing men to go flying the room with a single push. But I don't let myself indulge in the feeling. After all, I have Ahkmenrah to protect.

I dodge blows and knock men out with a single hit, before throwing them across the room, defeating the 50 odd men with ease. When the last man drops to the ground I realize I've lost sight of Kahmunrah, and that's when I hear the dreaded sound of metal being plunged into human flesh. I quickly turn around and my heart drops when I see Ahkmenrah fall to the ground, a spare sticking out of his chest and blood pooling around him, Kahmunrah nowhere in sight.

Hot tears start rolling down my cheeks as I can see his life slowly ebb away from him, and I know there's nothing I can do to help him.

"I am so sorry." I sob, "I failed you my king." 

"My Shayera." He says softly but weakly, placing his hand on mine. "You have never failed me. My time is just over in this life." Ahk breaths out, but he doesn't breath back in and his hand goes slack around mine. My beautiful king is dead. I can feel my heart shattering in my chest, and all I can think to do is hug his body close to mine and wrap my wings around the both of us in a last attempt to try and protect him. My tears fall on him as I hear a snicker from behind me.

"Well, this is just pathetic." Kahmunrah mutters before I feel a sharp, burning pain pierce through my chest and into my heart from behind me. Feeling my life drain from me but my arms still clutched around my king, my last thoughts are only of Ahkmenrah. At least we'll be together in the afterlife.